CHAPTER 49

Currently, Castiel and Lizziel were waiting at a café called 'Cindy Wafflette', for Anael to meet up with them

"How are you holding up?", Castiel asked Lizziel, who had been quieter than usual.

"I'm doing good, better than I was a few weeks back", Lizziel told Castiel with small smile, "Thanks to you being there for me, day and night, literally".

"Well, I needed to know if you were alright", Castiel said.

"And I am alright, and I'm not lying", Lizziel told Castiel, causing a smile to appear on his face.

The doorbell of the café jingled when the door opened, causing Lizziel and Castiel to look up. Anael had entered and walked to the table they were sitting at.

"Wow. This place is so...ugh", Anael said, before taking a seat on the opposite side of where Lizziel and Castiel were sitting.

"We appreciate you coming", Castiel told Anael, a grateful smile on his face.

"Well, you said you had something for me", Anael told them.

"Hi. Can I get you a coffee?", a waitress came and asked them.

"No. Thank you", Anael replied causing Lizziel to look at her as if she had killed a puppy.

"I wanted coffee", Lizziel whined.

"I'll buy you coffee later", Castiel told her, before handing a jewellery box to Anael.

Anael opened the box to find a pair of earrings. She smirked and said, "16th-century Burmese blood rubies. Five carats. Excellent clarity. Castiel, where did you get these?".

"On a case. They are lightly cursed, but it's nothing that would affect an angel", Castiel replied.

"Uh huh. And you're giving these to me?", Anael asked, confused.

"Yeah, I guess he is", Lizziel said, offended that he hadn't thought of giving it to her.

"No. No, we need something. We need your help. To contact god", Castiel informed Anael.

Anael let out a laugh and said, "Yeah. Good luck with that".

"You forget, Anael, I know you. I know what you did before your demotion. When you were Joshua's right hand. And I know that God spoke to Joshua. And only to Joshua. Now, he's dead, but...but you understand how they communicated", Castiel said.

"Why do you want to know?", Anael asked.

"Because there's a Nephilim...Jack", Lizziel told her.

"Lucifer's son?", Anael asked.

"Yes. Jack killed Michael", Castiel stated.

"Good night, sweet prince", Anael said, sarcasm laced in her voice.