CHAPTER 54

The Winchesters, Lizziel and Castiel fought with the ghosts surrounding them, with all the power they had until it began to get too overwhelming for them

"Sam! Dean! Lizziel!", Castiel said, before picking up Jack's body and running towards a crypt.

Lizziel, and the Winchesters followed behind, Dean locking the door once each of them were inside.

Lizziel slid down the wall next to Jack's body. She let out a sigh and brought her knees to her chest.

"He didn't deserve this", Dean said, looking at Jack's body.

"Cas, is he here? Can you...can you?", Sam asked Castiel, wishing for a way they could bring back Jack.

"I don't think so", Castiel replied, sadness laced in his voice.

"So, what? Chuck throws friggin zombies at us now?!", Dean exclaimed, angrily.

"I don't think they're zombies, Dean. I think...I think whenever the souls came up from hell that they...they just", Sam tried to explain causing Dean to continue, "They what? Just jumped into the nearest body?".

"I guess, yes", Sam said, before looking at Lizziel who had not spoken a word, "Lizzie, you okay?".

When Lizziel didn't answer, everyone turned to look at her. Dean knelt down next to her and placed his hand on her shoulder causing her to shrug it off.

"Come on, kiddo, tell us what's wrong. Don't lie, we know something is up", Dean told her, sternly, rubbing her back.

This gesture of Dean made Lizziel speak up, "Maybe if I was in hell the entire time, like what you said Dean...maybe this wouldn't have happened. I could have prevented it. I'm the queen of hell after all, a shitty one though".

"No! This isn't your fault, kid. If it's anyone's fault, it's Chuck's, that asshole. Also, what I said was stupid. If you were in hell when this happened, you wouldn't have been safe and we...we won't survive without you. You're family, Lizziel and if anything were to ever happen to you, I don't know what we would do", Dean told Lizziel, his voice gentle.

"But I could have prevented this", Lizziel exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"We don't know that. Now, let's bring the badass Lizziel we know back. Gotta get through this shit", Dean said with an encouraging smile.

"Okay", Lizziel said with a smile before standing up, "Alright, um let me do some queen shit".

Lizziel walked towards the door before yelling loudly, "That's enough!".

The doors stopped rattling, causing Lizziel to turn and give the three men a huge smile and a thumbs up. Their relief was cut short when the doors started rattling again, with much more force than before.

Lizziel walked up to the boys and said, "Well uh, oops, that didn't go according to plan".

"Is that thing gonna hold?", Dean asked, worry laced in his voice.