CHAPTER 56

The next morning, Castiel and Sam were arguing about a woman who had gone back to town last night and died

"I just think we need to tell the family something. I mean, we found his wife's dead body", Castiel said.

"Cas, we will. When we can", Sam told him.

"When we can?", Castiel asked, annoyed.

"Cas, we have people outside that door who are barely keeping it together. We start talking murder...", Sam angrily said but was interrupted by Rowena, "Knock knock! Am I interrupting something juicy?".

"No", Sam answered, "Rowena, thanks for coming".

"Samuel. Castiel. Sweetheart", Rowena said, pulling Lizziel into a hug. Rowena let go of Lizziel and said, "What? A town full of ghosts! Messy even by Winchester standards".

"We're hoping you can help", Sam told Rowena.

"Can you boys do nothing on your own?", Rowena asked, rolling her eyes.

"Well, from what I've seen, they can't", Lizziel said with a smirk, causing Sam to give her an offended look. Lizziel shrugged her shoulders with an innocent smile.

"Very well. What do you want?", Rowena asked.

"Remember a couple years ago when we were trying to get rid of Amara?", Sam asked.

"God's sister, aye. Sticky business, that", Rowena replied.

"You made a crystalline device...a bomb", Castiel said.

"You want to blow up the ghosts?", Rowena asked, disbelief laced in her voice.

"No. no. no. But the bomb was powered by souls. Souls that were sucked into it", Sam explained.

"Ah...and ghosts are nothing but souls. I hope you're not thinking", Rowena said, causing Sam to continue, "Trap them in a crystal".

"Samuel, no! That was so difficult. It took everything I had", Rowena stated.

"Sam, we got a situation", Jules, one of the hunters, said. Sam left to look into the situation.

"Were you in hell when the chaos ensued?", Rowena asked Lizziel, worry laced in her voice.

"No I wasn't", Lizziel replied causing Rowena to say, "Oh! Thank god. I was so worried".

"Nothing to worry about", Lizziel told Rowena with a comforting smile.

*****

"Hello Lizziel", Ketch said as he entered the room.

"Ketch?", Lizziel said, turning around.

"Surprise", Ketch said with a smirk.

"Okay. Ketch, how are you here?", Sam asked, confusion laced in his voice.