CHAPTER 40

"So, how's it going? Being the queen of hell", Sam asked Lizziel, patting the chair next to him

"It's good. People make a lot of deals I realised. There's a lot of paperwork too", Lizziel answered, with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Oh yeah, Crowley hated that", Sam said with a chuckle.

"Anyways, do we have a lead on where Dean might be?", Lizziel asked, concern laced in her voice.

"Yes actually. Apparently Michael has touched down in Duluth", Sam told Lizziel.

"Why there?", Lizziel asked.

"I have no idea. Let's go and help Bobby get ready", Sam said, before heading towards the library.

*****

"Who goes to Duluth in October? You sure Michael didn't touch down in Orlando?", Bobby asked, confusion written on his face.

Mary let out a scoff and said, "Joe was pretty specific...Duluth".

"Well, angels ain't known for their veracity", Bobby explained causing Mary to clear her throat when Castiel entered the room, "No offense".

"None taken. I tend to agree with you", Castiel told Bobby.

Mary walked over to Sam and handed him a gun. Mary looked at his laptop screen and asked, "Hey, what's that?".

"So I've been searching through police reports in Duluth. Cops just turned up a pile of corpses that was dumped near some train tracks just north of town, and their eyes were burnt out", Sam answered.

"Nothing other than angels can do that", Lizziel said, glancing at everyone.

"So, Michael?", Castiel asked.

Sam closed his laptop, "We should go. Now. This isn't just Michael we're talking about".

"It's Dean", Bobby continued.

"Yeah. Cas, you know why you can't come with us, right?", Sam asked.

"My angelic presence would be sensed by Michael, thereby nullifying your hopes of a sneak attack", Castiel answered.

"Yeah. Sorry", Sam told Castiel.

"And you need me to stay here and babysit Nick and Jack", Castiel said.

"It's not babysitting, Cas", Sam tried to explain.

"Only in the sense that they're not infants, but they both have to be supervised. Jack is...lost without his grace, and Nick is", Castiel let out a scoff, "He's just a mess".

"Well, it's not his fault. Cas, Nick was housing. You know, he deserves a shot at rebuilding his life", Sam told Castiel.

"And yet every time I look at him, all I can see is the supreme agent of evil", Castiel informed.