CHAPTER 53

Everyone looked at the gun with distrust

Everyone looked at the gun with distrust. Castiel asked, "What is that?".

"I'm thinking of calling it...the Equalizer! Or...the Hammurabi. No?", Chuck asked, before getting irritated when no one looked impressed, "All right, cool. That's cool. Cool".

"Wait, you're saying that this thing could kill Jack?", Dean asked, disbelief laced in his voice.

"That? That'll kill anything", Chuck stated, pointing at the gun.

"So you've had this the whole time and...and we're just now getting it? Why?", Sam asked.

"Because I haven't?", Chuck said with a shrug of his shoulders, "I just made that sucker. Hasn't been fired yet".

"So you don't even know if it works", Castiel said, his eyes squinted in annoyance.

"If I say it'll work, it'll work", Chuck exclaimed.

"Okay, you know what, maybe you should just get your head out of your arse, it isn't a hat", Lizziel sneered.

"Lizziel, calm down", Dean said, causing Lizziel to roll her eyes, before turning to Chuck, "There's no bullets".

"Right, it doesn't exactly use bullets", Chuck told them.

"Does it use your ego, because you have a lot of it", Lizziel said with a sarcastic smile, causing the Winchesters and Castiel to hide the proud smile growing on their face.

"I'm gonna ignore that comment because I know you're angry. See, existence is all about balance, right?" dark and light, good and evil, chocolate and peanut butter", Chuck explained.

"Ugh, yeah, okay, Chuck", Sam said, annoyance laced in his voice., "The point, please?".

"Right. So, this doesn't so much fire bullets as it sends a wave of multi-dimensional energy across a perfectly balanced quantum link between whoever's shooting it and whoever they're shooting at", Chuck said.

Everyone looked at Chuck with confusion when Castiel asked with a tilt of his head, "What?".

Chuck let out a sigh before saying, "Uh, whatever happens to the person you're aiming at also happens to you. So you kill him...".

"You die", Dean continued.

"Look, I know it's not perfect, and I'd do it myself, but, you know, if I bite it, then...existence also kind of bites it, so one of you...sorry", Chuck said, an unapologetic look on his face.

"I don't understand why we're talking about killing Jack. You can fix him. You can...you can restore his soul. That's why I called you", Castiel exclaimed.

"Yeah, not so much", Chuck said.

"You're god", Sam stated.

"Well, souls are complicated...even for me. Besides, even if I could, would you really want...I mean, after what he did?", Chuck asked.