CHAPTER 44

Lizziel, the Winchesters and Castiel were all standing in Jack's room waiting for him to wake up

"Hey, hey, hey. It's alright. Take it easy. Take it easy", Sam said when he noticed Jack had woken up. He helped Jack into a sitting position.

"Please don't be sad. Maybe this is how things are supposed to be", Jack said, softly, trying to make everyone feel better.

"Don't give me that meant to be crap. This isn't part of some damn plan", Dean said with a stern voice.

Jack suddenly started to cough causing Lizziel to hand him the oxygen mask. Dean glanced at Jack before leaving the room, angry at himself. Castiel followed to check on Dean.

"Can you tell him it's okay?", Jack asked them.

"Tell him yourself. He'll be back in a minute", Sam told Jack, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah buddy, you aren't going anywhere so soon", Lizziel told Jack, her eyes filled with tears.

"Sam, Lizzie, what happens next for someone like me?", Jack asked them weakly, curiosity and slight fear laced in his voice.

"I don't know", Sam answered sadly.

"Then it's gonna be an adventure", Jack said with a smile.

"Well, I don't want you to go on that adventure", Lizziel whispered, her voice breaking but no one heard her.

Jack laid down and coughed a few more times before his eyes closed.

"No. Sammy, is he?", Lizziel asked, already knowing the answer. Lizziel broke down in tears, feeling the loss of family, the loss of a brother.

Dean entered the room followed by Castiel and looked at Lizziel's tears and then at Sam. "He's gone", Sam whispered, sadness laced in his voice.

The four of them stepped out of the room and stood in silence for a while until Castiel spoke up, "Maybe we should...start thinking about next steps".

"Wake and a bonfire, hunter style. It's what Jack would've wanted", Dean said, letting out a sigh.

Sam suddenly walked off. Castiel tried to follow Sam but Dean stopped him.

"Your brother's in pain", Castiel told Dean.

"Just let him be. If he needs his space, we're gonna give it to him", Dean said, before walking away to call Mary.

Lizziel looked at Castiel, before hugging him. Castiel looked at her in confusion, but still wrapped his arms around her.

"You looked like you needed a hug", Lizziel whispered, "And honestly, I needed one too".

Castiel heard the sadness in her voice and wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"Um also, I gotta go. Can't just abandon hell now can I?", Lizziel said with a teary eyed chuckle, "I'll um, see you later".