CHAPTER 65

"Dean, you called?", Lizziel asked, teleporting back into the bunker before her eyes landed on Billie, "Oh, you're here"

"Bending the rules already, Jack?", Billie asked, ignoring Lizziel and walking towards Jack.

"Billie...I tried to call you", Jack said, fear laced in his voice.

"I know. I was busy. Can't say I'm not disappointed, though", Billie told Jack.

"Disappointed? You just iced one of your reapers", Dean said.

"Merle had one job...keep you in line. She failed. We're playing a big game here, and we're only as strong as our weakest players. She had to go. That's the difference between you and me. I see the big picture. I understand that one life means nothing in the grand scheme. That girl you saved from a dying world, you think hers was the only one? They're all dying. All the worlds...each and every world...but this one", Billie explained.

"What girl?", Lizziel asked Dean causing him to reply, "Kaia. We'll talk about it later".

"It's Chuck", Castiel said, realisation laced in his voice.

"He's been a busy boy...extinguishing galaxies. Wiping the slate clean...for the end", Billie told them.

"Yeah, and what's your endgame, Billie? I mean, you lecture us about how important all this is, but we don't even know what you're doing. Jack's gonna kill god, right? Yeah? Great. How? What's your plan?", Sam asked Billie.

"When I was a reaper, I believed in the rules. But then you killed me. And when I became Death, I inherited Death's knowledge...and Death's library. And in Death's library, everyone has a book. Even god", Billie answered.

"Wait, so god can die, like die die?", Lizziel asked, shock laced in her voice.

"Everything dies", Billie replied.

"I don't understand. Why would god write the blueprint to his own death?", Castiel asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"He didn't. The books write themselves. After god made the world, he couldn't stop. He wanted more. But he needed to create a perfect harmony...a swiss watch, so this world could keep tick tick ticking in his absence. He had no choice but to build himself into the framework. It's his only weakness", Billie replied.

"So, Chuck doesn't know what's inside the book?", Dean asked.

"No one can read their books unless I let them", Billie replied.

"What about Jack? He's in god's book?", Sam asked.

"And so are you", Billie replied, causing everyone to share a shocked glance, "I told you, Dean...you and your brother have work to do. This is your destiny. You are the messengers of god's destruction".

*****

"You said, you had something to share?", Lizziel asked, walking into the library and sitting on a chair.