CHAPTER 16

Lizziel was sitting in the hotel room, when the door slammed open and Dean rushed in

"Lizzie!", He said, checking if she was hurt.

"Dean, I'm fine. Relax", Lizziel said with a chuckle, which Dean could easily tell was fake.

"You and I are gonna have a talk later", Dean told her sternly causing a sigh to escape her lips.

Sam entered the room, holding up Claire causing Dean and Lizziel both to rush forward.

"What happened?", Lizziel asked Sam, worry in her voice.

"She got bit", Sam said.

Dean ran a hand down his face before saying, "Son of a bitch. Okay, get her on the bed".

Sam sat Claire down on the edge of the bed, Lizziel taking a seat next to her and placing a comforting hand on her back.

"We gotta cool her off. She's burning up", Dean said. Everyone had looks of worry and concern on their face.

"No. No, no, keep her warm", Mick said reaching for a blanket.

"Back off", Sam said while at the same time Dean said, "Shut up".

"Look, I understand you're angry...", Mick said in a calm tone.

"Mick, you killed a kid. We're not angry. We're done!", Sam angrily said.

"What?", Lizziel whispered. Dean looked at her and noticed the fear in her eyes, he placed his hand on top of hers and gave her reassuring glance. She gently squeezed Dean's hand in thanks and gave him a small smile.

"How long have I got until...", Claire trailed off.

"Sometimes it takes a full moon. Sometimes it just takes time", Sam said causing everyone to look down.

"Hey. Hey, listen to me. Look, nobody said this was gonna be easy okay? But you can live with this", Dean gently told Claire, while Lizziel went and helped Sam with research.

Sam had noticed a change in Lizziel's mood the moment he had entered the room, so he asked, "Hey, you okay? Did something happen?".

"I'm okay, just thinking about something someone said", Lizziel answered. Sam raised an eyebrow but could see that Lizziel didn't want to talk, so he dropped the subject but not before glancing at Mick with suspicion.

"Claire, there may be another way. There's- there's the blood therapy that you talk about", Sam said.

"I told you, it doesn't work", Mick told Sam.

"It says right here", Sam read from a journal, "1 out of 9 test subjects was cured".

"Cured?", Claire asked Sam.

"Yes", he answered.

"That study was on mice", Mick told them sternly.

Dean stood up and angrily asked Mick, "You want to tell me what the hell he's talking about?".