CHAPTER 30

Sam, Dean, Lizziel were in the library talking to Castiel who had just managed to escape the clutches of Asmodeus

"Let me get this straight, you were kidnapped weeks ago, locked up. Cas, I just talked to you on the phone", Dean said, confusion laced in his voice.

"No, no. Asmodeus had my phone. You've been talking to him", Castiel informed them.

"Wow, he's getting better at the shape-shifting thing. Impressive", Lizziel said causing everyone to give her disapproving looks.

"Anyways, what did he want with you?", Sam asked.

"Well, they mostly wanted Lucifer. I just happened to be in proximity", Castiel replied.

"Lucifer? No no no", Sam went to say but Dean interrupted him, "We slammed his ass back in the apocalypse world. How did he?".

"Kevin Tran", Castiel stated, an exhausted sigh leaving his lips.

"The prophet?", Lizziel asked while at the same time Dean asked in shock, "Kevin Tran?".

"The apocalypse world version. Yes. He managed to open a rift using Lucifer's grace", Castiel told them.

"They have an angel tablet?", Sam questioned.

"Yes, and the archangel Michael, apocalypse world version, he wants to use the spell to invade and conquer our world. That's why I met with Lucifer", Castiel informed.

"Cas, I specifically told you not to do anything stupid", Dean said angrily.

"He'll never stop doing stupid things to get himself into trouble. After all, he's part of the Winchester club", Lizziel said sarcastically causing the three to roll their eyes at her, "Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain back there".

"Well, he was weak", Castiel continued, ignoring Lizziel, "And given the context of our imminent annihilation, it didn't seem stupid. Lucifer wanted to help fight Michael".

"Yeah sure, Lucifer wanted to help", Sam said with a scoff.

"If he were lying I'd have known it. He was scared. But Asmodeus showed up before we could finish our conversation and when we finally managed to escape, Lucifer did try to kill me", Castiel told them.

"So much for helping", Dean sarcastically said. Lizziel nodded her head in agreement.

"Did he say anything about our mom?", Sam asked, slight hope in his eyes.

"She's alive. That's all I know. I'm sorry", Castiel answered.

*****

Lizziel and Sam were on their way to pick Donatello up, when Lizziel spoke up, "Sam, keep glancing at me and your eyes will stay sideways forever. What's up?".

"It's nothing, I was just wondering how was your visit to heaven", Sam told her with a nervous chuckle. He was afraid that maybe she'll like heaven better than staying with them. She had after all become like a little sister to the Winchesters and they were afraid of losing her.