CHAPTER 43

"How was the hunt boys?", Lizziel asked Dean and Jack who were sitting and talking to each other in the kitchen

"It was good. We killed the zombie boyfriend of a girl", Jack told Lizziel.

"Huh? Guess love does make people do crazy things", Lizziel stated, with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Speaking of love. How was your date, kid?", Dean asked Lizziel, eagerly.

"It was just amazing", Lizziel said, a dreamy look on her face, "I might ask her on a second date".

"That's great. We're happy for you. Right, Jack?", Dean said, causing Jack to nod his head excitedly. Lizziel gave them a huge smile.

"Also, I was right, Dean, and you should be letting me go out on hunts", Jack told Dean with a smile.

"Okay. All right. Look, it's not about being right, okay? You're gonna make mistakes. Hell, I make them all the time. Lizziel makes them once in a blue moon. But it's how you handle yourself once you've made those mistakes. And you learn from them", Dean explained causing Lizziel to nod her head in agreement.

"And how not to beat yourself up over them?", Jack asked. Dean nodded his head yes.

"You know, Jack, you're pretty smart sometimes", Dean stated with a proud smile.

Jack gave him a smile before he broke into coughing fit.

"I tell you what, when Sam gets back, I'll talk to him about getting you out on more hunts. Okay? In the meantime, we'll get you a crate of cough drops", Dean told Jack.

"And paracetamol", Lizziel added.

"I'm fine. It's all part of being human, right?", Jack said with a smile, before being interrupted again by a coughing fit. Lizziel and Dean looked at Jack with concern when they realised it was worse than the last one.

"You sure you're okay?", Dean asked Jack, worry laced in his voice.

Dean and Lizziel's eyes grew wide when they noticed blood on Jack's mouth and blood coming out of his nose.

"I don't know", Jack said, fear laced in his voice and visible in his face. Suddenly, Jack fell onto the floor unconscious.

"Jack!", Lizziel and Dean exclaimed in fear, rushing towards him. Dean shook Jack slightly, trying to wake him up but it didn't even make Jack move a bit.

*****

Dean and Lizziel had carried Jack to his bedroom and laid him on the bed. Currently, Castiel was trying to heal Jack.

"What's taking so long?", Dean asked, waiting outside of the room.

"I don't know. Whatever's going on with Jack is probably complicated", Sam replied, worry laced in his voice.