CHAPTER 68

Lizziel, Jack, Dean and Sam sat in the library along with Amara who had broken into the bunker

"My brother has returned", Amara informed.

"That means it's time", Jack said, glancing at each of them.

"Did he contact you?", Sam asked Amara.

"He's made himself known", Amara replied, annoyance laced in her voice, "How do you intend to cage him? When god caged me, he had four archangels. Do you have four archangels?".

"Nope. We got one Jack", Dean replied before pointing at Lizziel, "Oh, and her".

"I wish we'd gotten to know one another. That's my fault. Maybe when all of this is over, we can?", Amara asked Jack causing him to smile and nod his head, "Same with you, Lizziel".

"Yeah, I'd love that", Lizziel lied, a smile on her face.

"He's been juicing himself up, getting stronger", Dean told Amara.

"But I need to complete a final ritual", Jack pointed out.

"What do you need me to do?", Amar asked, ready to help them in whatever way she could.

Dean explained their plan to Amara while Lizziel returned back to her room.

"Lizziel, you coming with me and Jack to complete the final ritual?", Dean yelled causing Lizziel to walk back into the library.

"No, thank you", Lizziel replied.

"Chuck is back. You both wanna take a knee?", Dean asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"That's not what we're doing", Sam answered causing Lizziel to add, "We're going to find another way".

"You don't even have any leads", Dean pointed out.

"What do you have, Dean? Honestly?! What, Billie's sending you to Santa Fe to...to meet up with her mystery guest that's gonna perform the final ritual, or whatever that is, and turn Jack into a suicide bomb?", Sam exclaimed.

"Sam, you and me, we have to do this, it's in the book!", Dean said, anger laced in his voice.

"Oh, Chuck's 'death book', right?", Sam said with a scoff, "Come on man! Blindly following orders. Lying to Amara, sending her to her death? Does any of this feel right to you?!".

"Sam does have a point, Dean. It doesn't feel right at all", Lizziel calmly said causing Dean to glare at her.

"It doesn't matter how we feel!", Dean exclaimed, "You know what? Stay. But somebody's gotta be the grownup here".

"Yeah, well, someone has to keep fighting for Jack", Sam stated.

"He knows what he signed up for!", Dean said, angrily.

"Last I checked, we don't give up on family", Sam told Dean.

"Jack's not family", Dean exclaimed.