CHAPTER 50

Lizziel and Castiel were on their way back to the bunker, when they saw that Dean had messaged them

Lizziel and Castiel were on their way back to the bunker, when they saw that Dean had messaged them. Lizziel quickly parked the car on the side of the road.

"Nick tried to resurrect Lucifer. What the hell", Lizziel said, reading the message.

"I got your message", Castiel said, causing Lizziel to turn and notice that he had already called Dean. Castiel put the call on speaker so that Lizziel could also hear what they were talking about, "Nick was trying to raise Lucifer? Where is he now?".

"I don't, uh...kid said he took care of him. So, right now, we're just trying to find Jack and Mom", Dean replied.

"Are they together?", Castiel asked.

"Yeah", Dean replied.

"Alone?", Castiel asked, starting to worry.

"Yeah. Why do you...yes, Cas, they were together, alone", Dean said, confused. When Castiel didn't reply, Dean asked, "Cas?".

"I, um...", Castiel said, with a sigh.

"If you have something to tell us, now's the time", Dean stated, annoyance laced in his voice.

"I saw Jack. He...he did something when I got home with Sam. I went to check on him and Felix was sick", Castiel explained.

"Felix? You mean the snake?", Dean asked.

"Yes. Jack used his powers. He killed the snake", Castiel replied.

"Wait. What?", Lizziel asked, shock laced in her voice.

"I think Jack considered it a mercy. I was gonna tell you, but...", Castiel tried to say but Dean interrupted him, "You just wanted to wait until we were already freaked out".

"I'm sorry. I don't think Jack is well, Dean", Castiel said, but Dean didn't reply, "Dean?".

Dean hung up causing Castiel to let out a sigh.

"Is Mary in trouble?", Lizziel asked, fear laced in her voice.

"I don't know", Castiel replied, running a hand down his face.

*****

Lizziel and Castiel drove up to where the Winchesters had tracked down Jack's last location. They entered the house and the moment Lizziel entered she let out a gasp when she noticed a completely burnt body lying on the ground.

"Is that Nick?", Castiel asked.

"Yeah. We looked around. No sign of Jack or mom", Sam replied, worry laced in his voice, "There's a, um, blast site behind the house. It looks angelic, just...bigger".

"Might have been Lucifer. Nick was trying to bring him back", Dean pointed out.

"Yeah, but Jack said...", Sam said.