🌹 soraya75 🌹

[ 8:14 PM ]

"NICE!"

i pull the trigger; the sound of the releasing bullet cutting through the atmosphere sharply ringing through my ears.

another diet root beer can.

i pivot on my foot and take out a glass, it shattering.

"HOLY SHIT! YOU NATURAL!" matt shouts as i've finished taking out all of my targets, easier than i've expected.

we set up a "gun range" in gray's backyard. he had extra glasses and cans laying around and we stuck them around the backyard; on tree stumps or hung them on tree branches.

the sun went down and the light from the house is our flashlight. we're practicing for god knows how long.

matt walks toward me, arms raised with palms toward me.

"NOT A GOOD IDEA!" i tell him, gesturing to the .45 in my right hand. "BUT THANKS!"

"you... ell... ver... un before," he says lowly, and with the ringing in my head, i can't hear shit.

"WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU WHISPERING?!"

his smile grows wider.

"I SAID YOU CAN TELL YOU'VE NEVER USED A GUN BEFORE!" i try to find my hearing, opening and closing my mouth. "IT'LL WEAR OFF! COME ON! YOU TWO DID GOOD TODAY!"

"THANK YOU!"

we three walk alongside each other, heading inside.

i test the heat of the gun by placing my palm near the nozzle. it's still hot.

"WHERE DO I SET IT?! I DON'T WANT TO BURN THIS PLACE DOWN!"

he grabs the gun from me and puts it with the other .45s. grayson does the same.

"I'LL START DINNER!" he yells.

"COOL! I'M GONNA GO CHEck on..." i stop talking as my hearing starts to kick back in and i realize how loud i really am. i clear my throat, embarrassed. "i'm gonna go check on apple," i repeat.

apple darling! where are you?

in the room!

i head to the room her and dom shared, taking the stairs with minimum effort. my body is exhausted and i know i'm not going to be able to relax any time soon.

once at the top of the stairs, i stop and take a huge sigh.

i wish dominic didn't have to go and leave. we could've made a plan to go in together. now i feel like i have more stress.

i sigh again and head into the room, seeing apple reading a book on the bed.

"hey little missy," i greet. "grayson's starting dinner. let's get you in the bath."

"okay," she says climbing out the bed.

"i'll run your water and wait out here."

i enter the restroom and start her water. she follows me inside.

"you looked so cool out there!" she exclaims.

after i get the water to a comfortable temperature, i look at her. she's grinning and her eyes glint happily. she's adorable and i don't want to be angry at her but i never want her watching me with a gun.