🌹 soraya47 🌹

[ 1:23 PM ]

north carolina and virginia's checkpoints were the exact same as south carolina. MAX20 showing itself plain and simple.

this virus just doesn't care.

in through the nose.

out through the mouth.

along certain roads, cars were driven off into ditches or ran into each other. dead bodies lay inside them. matt had to pull someone's body out because they were pressing on their horn.

it's fucked.

in through the nose.

out through the mouth.

my leg muscles burn but i push through it. my heart beats loud in my ear but i try to ignore it. my lungs cry for air but i don't give in just yet. theirs a stabbing pain in my side and i slow down a little in hopes to alleviate it.

a bead of sweat trickles down the side of my face.

the van door slides open and dom pokes his head out, watching me. he bounces up and down in my vision.

"you're slowing down. i think that's enough for right now," he suggests to me.

"we need... to get... in shape," i breathe out.

"yeah, in shape. not suicide. at least take a break. you've been going it at for almost ten minutes."

"that's ten minutes too short!" i rush out. "you need... to get in... shape too. everyone! plus with guns... i'll need training."

"okay! i'll train you, but please don't kill yourself on the first day. take a break."

he's right.

i'm not going to see progress in the next hour or two.

i slow down to a walk, the van creeping ahead before stopping.

i hold my aching stomach and lean over, dizziness setting in. i place my hands on my knees and heave, throwing up mostly bile.

"ugh," i groan, spitting to get the rancid taste out of my mouth.

i straighten up, setting my hands on top of my head.

i try to breathe even as dom hops out of the van, walking toward me.

"you okay?" he asks, standing a few feet away.

i nod.

"give me a sec. my side kills!"

he chuckles, giving me space.

i start to walk back to the van when i hear a loud roar up ahead over me. dom and i simultaneously look up to see a plane flying dangerously low.

it looks off.

i strain my eyes to get a better look, realizing that the commercial airplane is descending rapidly wheels to the sky.

"oh my god," i whisper to myself watching in trepidation, knowing what's going to happen.

the plane disappears out of my line of vision behind the trees.

one.

two.

three.

four.

five.

six.

BOOM!

the ground rumbles.

the trees rustle.

𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖒   | d.f. |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें