🌹 soraya95 🌹

[ 7:21 AM ]

"have either of you shot a gun before?" i ask, unzipping the duffels on the bed in front of juniper and her girlfriend as gray drives us toward washington.

the two eye me attentively watching my hands as i fiddle with each gun pulling them out of the bag.

apple sits in the front seat next to gray while matt sits in the three seater.

it's a different atmosphere in the van. an almost readiness of sorts. maybe not all the way truthful with their confidence, but i admire the determination.

"with my daddy when i was younger," juniper tells me, "nothing recent though."

"i'm more recent. i used to frequent the gun range," junipers girl says.

"sorry, i never got your name," i bring up.

"persephone."

"bringer of destruction," i smile, nodding.

"that i do," she smiles back.

"that's what i want to hear!" i praise.

"so what is going on exactly?" juniper asks. "i just want answers."

"from my perspective, the government decided to blame dominic and i for the virus."

"right. dom explained that to us. he said he knew patient zero," persephone tells me.

"yeah, but what they don't know is that we have powers," i say.

"i'm sorry what?" persephone questions.

"i should've been more clear. juniper, dominic, apple and i have powers," i say.

"alex has powers too," apple speaks up from the front.

"what? how do you know that?" i ask, turning toward her.

"when she visited me..." juniper trails.

"i saw him in my happy place! dommy too. he didn't recognize me though. he yelled at me," apple explains.

"happy place? you spoke to dominic?!" i question. "when?"

"mmm i'm not sure. i told him we were coming for him. i tried to get him to remember but he didn't let me help him!"

"apple why didn't you say anything?"

"i-i don't know..."

"dominic knows we're on the way," i realize. "this changes everything."

"what is happening?!" juniper questions. "i'm so confused!"

"same here," persephone adds on.

"when dominic and i met we were "normal". when we touched, i think that's how our powers "activated". this is just my opinion because dominic touched apple and her powers appeared, same with me to you," i point to juniper.

"so i-i have powers? what- what can i do?" juniper asks.

"i don't know. i don't even know all that i can do. apple is the only one that's just understanding hers. i think they come out in survival mode situations."

"that sounds promising," she unevenly says.

"it's... i know that it's not much to go off on or even where to begin with what you've found out anyway. i don't know much about myself or where they even came from. everything was happening so fast," i tell her. "i just need to get to dominic. i'm sorry for dragging all of you into this."