🌹 soraya97 🌹

[ 10:13 AM ]

"alright ray, five or ten minutes out," grayson states, looking at me then back to the road.

i nod, preparing my mental state.

anything can go down. anything can happen to anyone.

i roll my neck around my shoulders.

my mind travels back to what apple told me. when she said she visited dominic in her happy place and he didn't recognize her.

if that lady he told me about got him to forget his own sister, then how the hell am i going to reach him? how is he going to recognize me? how am i going to make him remember all the shit we've been through?

my walkie screeches to life and i pick it up out of my lap.

"raya! i deserve to go!" apple's voice speaks.

i let out a sigh.

"sorry ray, she snatched it out of my hands," matt speaks next.

"A, we don't know what we're walking in to and i'm not putting you in that," i tell her.

"i can help him. you need me!"

"i'll bring him to you okay? you stay in lucille you hear me? you don't move a fucking inch. we're going to come back apple."

"i don't want to be alone again!" she cries.

my eyes sting as tears burn through. i hit the side of the door and blow out air.

"listen to me mama, i promise you we will be back. i promise. i'm going to bring dominic and alex. we'll be a family. i promise," i declare. "you just have to sit tight for a few minutes!"

"don't make matt leave! please! i can help! let me go!" she pleads.

"we need him. i'm sorry baby. you are safe in lucille. okay? we will be back."

she doesn't say anything else.

i sigh, getting that situation out of my head. she just needs to suck it up.

"matt, you have to move now," i speak into my walkie.

"on it."

"JP, you good?" i check in.

"we are a-okay," the two state together.

"over," juniper says.

"you don't have to say over," i chuckle.

"makes this all fun, over."

gray and i share a smile.

"how old are you guys?" i ask.

"i'm 18, almost 19, over," juniper responds.

"20," persephone states.

"why? over."

"just asking. i feel like you're too young to be putting your life on the line for me."

she and persephone could live a long life together if they divert from our plan right now. just use the car we found in the mall parking lot to drive off into the sunset.

"i'm only 18, but my mind is older," juniper raps.

"don't quote hamilton right now," i hear persephone.

"oh! over! wait! i'm not going to waste my shot seph. she's going to need a right hand man! over."

i chuckle.