🛠 grayson44 🛠

[ 3:59 AM ]

first time having a gun pulled out on me and i'm surprised i didn't piss my pants.

matt needs to go. he's jeopardizing our entire plan to get to new jersey safely.

not to mention the major fucktard he is.

dominic stood up for me though.

maybe he's finally coming around to me. him telling matt that our final destination is in new jersey was the dumbest shit he could've done. just like him telling matt that he has powers but not telling him the specifics of the powers.

he should've said he had no powers in general.

he confuses me.

but matt did call for suspicion when he jumped at the chance to join. he was way too excited.

"state line 5 minutes," i announce to the van.

"well keep it bed shape," i hear soraya, "do you think they'll check the bed?"

the roads been lonely. it's the first time i've seen the road so empty. there's barely anyone driving.

are they hiding out?

dead?

some places seem to still be open but most of everything seems to be closed. some places could be wiped out.

we don't have anything.

we don't have social media to check. everything is in a standstill.

social media was depressing as hell anyway.

there were the occasional memes of what was going on, the conspiracy theories, the blaming of the government officials, everyone saying "rest in peace" or saying their final goodbyes, and people who just didn't give a fuck about the virus at all.

nothing is normal about any of this!

a billion people are predicted to die. just pass away at any second, and the number isn't going to stop there!

there's no vaccine.

no meds to take to heal yourself.

you just have to magically be immune. as if that makes sense!

supposedly i'm immune.

everyone in this van.

and three of them have powers!

i'm so far from my perceived perception of reality, i feel like i'm losing my damn mind.

i don't know though. i feel like i'm in good hands despite the tension being thick as hell.

soraya has my back. dominic is starting to grow fond of me. apple loves me.

i think i'm good with children.

my new superhuman family.

i smile to myself, coming out of my trance.

i slam my foot on the break, my body lurching forward.

the van screeches to a halt for the second time today.

something hits the back of my seat and i grin, turning my head to see matt picking himself off the floor.

"what's your-" he asks before cutting himself off, looking out the windshield.

"what's going on bro?" dom questions.

blocking our only path into south carolina is the checkpoint but every single officer is covered in blood.

"oh shit," matt whispers, his head peeking between the two front seats.

"what's happening?" soraya speaks up.

"we've got a bit of traffic problem," dom responds.

i undo my seatbelt.

"apple stay here," dom says, sliding the side door open.

i get out and the four of us stand in a horizontal line, idly staring at the bloody scene before us.

"fuck," matt curses, hugging himself.

"we can't turn around," soraya states.

"how are we going to get through?" dom asks.

the answer slaps me in the face during the silence.

"soraya can do it," i say.

"no, we can easily move the six dead dudes and open the barricades," dom disagrees.

"yes, but soraya can do it quicker," i point out.

"grayson's right. we can't backtrack. i'll do it. quick and simple."

"not quick and simple. you've never pushed your power like this," dominic argues with her.

"oh my god. trust me will you?"

"no. gray, matt help me open the barricade first and we'll work on the guys," dom orders.

i nod, not wanting to get in between the two. i walk to the two metal barricades they set up. i push one open while matt and dom lift and carry the other one.

as we turn around, an officers dead body floats above our heads, settling into the grass gently. two others sat there already.

"soraya!" dom yells.

"shut up, i'm almost done."

she starts on the fourth officer, bringing a hand up to her temple. a whimper escapes her lips. the fourth body loses its height a little, it falling on top of the other dead bodies limply.

i hold my stomach, it gurgling at the sight of what i've just seen.

i hope i don't throw up.

"soraya stop. let us get the last two," dominic says walking toward the fifth dead officer.

the body shakes as if the officer is having a seizure before she's lifting it in the air.

"i can do it dominic!" soraya challenges, now holding both of her temples in pain.

"you're going to fucking hurt yourself!"

she groans, swiping her hand through the air. the dead  guy flying into the grass, rolling a few and stopping.

i set my hand on matt's shoulder looking away. i try to breathe slow.

do not throw up grayson.

matt chuckles at my state.

"soraya! chill!"

"STOP calling me that!" she yells.

as i turn back around to assess the scene, a heavy force strikes both matt and i and we fly back on our asses.

i can't help but to shiver uncontrollably for a few seconds, letting out inhumane sounds; along with matt and a third voice.

matt groans next to me, picking his head up.

"what the hell was that?" he questions.

"ray!" i hear dominic call out, adding a cough. "ray!"

i pull myself up into a sitting position cautiously, seeing dom half crawl, half walk to soraya's body laying on the ground, unmoving.

both matt and i slowly pick ourselves off the ground as dom gets to soraya and wakes her. i walk over, grabbing her other arm, assisting in pulling her up.

"i got it!" dom asserts. i let go and watch him shift her weight onto him. "you just had to try to prove me wrong?"

"the roads clear isn't it?" she chuckles sluggishly.