🦋 dominic64 🦋

[ 10:49 AM ]

"the police will be here any minute!" employee one says, the gun still pointed at me, her mask down on her chin.

the two employees told the customers to leave. they also told me to take a seat at this rectangle shaped table that's by a large window to the left of me.

the two stand behind the counter that's to the right of me keeping their distance from me.

my hands are clasped together on top of the red table that's facing the door. it'd sit four people.

my mind imagines soraya next to me; apple and alex across. the future looks so close. it's in my grasp. i can taste it.

i look at the two workers. employee one, with the gun, is light skin with dark brown hair. her work attire consists of black jeans, a black t-shirt with a white long sleeve underneath. employee two is pale with red hair in two small pigtails. her attire consists of white mom jeans and a baby pink long sleeve shirt that's tucked in.

both have a tag with their names on it, but i can't see it from my point of view.

"what's your name?" i ask employee one, needing to distract myself.

i need to stay focused.

"why?" she questions back, a confused expression on her face.

"well you've made it this far right?"

she looks at the girl next to her, who just looks back.

maybe i'm reaching, but i think they're together.

"persephone," she answers.

"you ever use one of those persephone?"

her eyes dart to the gun in her hands.

"once or twice," she shrugs.

"you saying that to protect your girlfriend?"

"wh-what are you- no!"

"well how about you take your finger off the trigger unless you really want to kill me," i tell her, looking between the trigger and her eyes.

she looks at her hand again before slowly lowering the gun.

my body relaxes as if i was holding some deep breath.

"why did you start the virus?" the second employee asks, hiding behind persephone's shoulder.

"i wanted to watch the world burn at my fingertips," i smirk, playing around.

"no fucking way," she whispers to herself.

"what's your name?"

"juniper," she answers, stepping away from behind her girlfriend.

"cool. juniper, i know it'll be hard to believe, but i didn't start the virus."

"bullshit. why would you be fbi's most wanted then?" she questions, frowning and crossing her hands over her chest.

"maybe because They wanted to blame someone," i shrug.

"why you then? if that's true, why did they pin it on you and that girl?" persephone jumps in, not believing anything that's coming out of my mouth.

"because i knew patient zero. max."

"you knew the first person to contract the disease?" juniper asks, eyes widening.

"this could easily be made up!" persephone yells. "i can't blindly believe you bro."

"why would i turn myself in?" i point out.