🦋 dominic91 🦋

[ 2:50 AM ]

i pace my room, the small thump of my feet on the concrete floor making its way to my ears.

it's all background though.

my thoughts swim in every which direction heavily.

where am i? how did i get here? what day is it? what does the world look like? i have a brother?!

i have a brother.

what the hell?!

why don't i have any recollection of him? of anything?!

where's soraya? where's my brother? can i trust ann? should i trust ann? should i trust this brother i don't remember? should i trust anyone?!

what the hell is going on?

what virus? the entire population wiped out?!

who am i?

what did i get myself into?

i want the whole story of how soraya betrayed me. that way i can choose a suitable death for her.

why me? why did i agree to help her? what happened?!

i need to know!

in a fit of rage, my fist flies toward the wall. before it collides, i stop myself.

hurting myself isn't the answer.

i take a deep breath.

calm down dominic.

the electric door 'beeps' and my head snaps toward it. it slides open and ann strides in, heels clicking against the concrete ground.

"what?" i question to her, my face frowning on her arrival.

"don't be rude. i have a guest for you."

"guest?"

a guard walks in, dragging in an apprehensive guy who looks around my age. his hair is buzzed off to the scalp.

"yo! let me go! i can walk on my own!" the guy yells, yanking his arm out of the hold of the guards hand.

he looks up and we connect eyes.

"mr. fike, alex fike. your brother."

"dominic?" the guy questions, looking over me in wonderment.

"you two might have lots to discuss," ann smiles and leaves, the guard tagging along leaving us in the room by ourselves.

"what took you so long?" he asks.

"what?"

"let me guess? you got caught? weren't even thinking of me right?" he spits.

"i-i'm not sure how i got here," i tell him in truth, scratching the back of my head.

"what are you talking about?" he questions.