🌹 soraya3 🌹

[ 7:15 PM ]

"there were police there," i tell reeves, opening the door to my apartment.

"so you think you can come in this late?!"

"shut up! it's only 7:15, damn!" i yell, passing my stupid mother as she's standing in the middle of the living room, arms crossed.

"ray, don't respond," reeves tries to tell me.

"she's straight buggin' for no reason."

i head into the kitchen, my last pack of noodles on my mind. i open the pantry to see my shrimp noodles gone.

"YOU FUCK-" i cut myself off, not feeling like arguing.

"I WHAT?! I WHAT HUH?! FINISH YOUR SENTENCE!"

"you're not worth it georgia! go calm down in your room before you give yourself a stroke," i tell her through gritted teeth, not wanting to start, but wanting to.

"oh fuck you! i'm your MOTHER! you need to RESPECT me!"

"i'm not respecting someone who doesn't respect me! you fucking eat my food! like, i pay for that shit!"

"oh fucking well! i'll eat whatever the hell i want!"

"soraya-"

i slam the pantry door closed, turning to her in the kitchen frame.

"if you don't want me touching your shit, don't touch mine!"

"FUCK YOU!"

"soray-"

"FUCK YOU TOO! THE FUCK!" i scream back at her.

"soraya!"

"what reeves?! what?!"

"circle," she simply states.

i take a deep breath.

"you're so fucking disrespectful, i don't understand why i don't put you the fuck out. you're ungrateful and you don't appreciate me!"

reeves is right.

i don't need this right now.

i walk back out of the apartment, ignoring her as she continues to yell through the closed door.

"i wish she'd shut the fuck up permanently sometimes," i grumble heading to the gas station to just get me some snacks to tie me over until tomorrow.

"be careful what you wish for ray."

"she doesn't love me. she's proved that reeves. all she wants is to see me fail."

"somewhere deep down, you'll regret saying that. there's some type of good, somewhere... maybe."

"if there was, i don't remember it."

"reeves, get off the phone. come have dinner," i hear in the background.

"sorry girl, dinner slash family night, gotta go! i love you! text me if you need me," she exclaims, sending me an air kiss. "i'll sneak text if i can!" she whispers.

"okay," i chuckle, "i love you too."

her face disappears off screen and i continue walking, enjoying the sound of silence as nothing ever happens where i live.

i enter the gas station, seeing a dad with a little boy grabbing candy. i skip there aisle and go grab me two bags of barbecue chips and a bottle of 100% apple juice.

"hey! why the face?" the cashier, who i don't care to know his name, asks me. "your mom?"

"yeah," i tell him.

my mother has made everyone else's life a living hell just as much as mine.

"sorry about that."

"how much?" i question, trying to move this along.

ever since he found out i'm legal, he's been extra nice. and i'm not here for it.

he tells me the total and i slide him a crumpled $10 bill.

"keep the change."

i walk out with my bag and make my way back to my apartment.

i walk toward that idiot guy. the police are gone and he's sitting on his porch, criss-cross, smoking a cigarette.

he looks at me, his eyes stained red. he's got a growing collection of buds next to him.

he's for sure stressed.

i slow my walk, feeling guilty for being rude earlier.

"you okay?" i question.

"i thought you wanted me to avoid you," he states, deep inhaling his cigarette.

"my mom pissed me off. sorry. i've never seen you around."

"yeah, we moved here a week and a half ago."

"are you okay?" i decide to ask again.

"nah, my homie just died."

"i'm so sorry," i rush out.

i barely seen these guys an hour or so ago. how did someone die in that span?

"yeah, well sorry doesn't mean shit," he shrugs, sending me a death glare.

"i'm just trying to be nice, asshole."

"you wouldn't understand."

"you don't know shit about me," i say shaking my head.

"exactly, so why are you still in my face?"

i scoff.

"fuck you bitch," i spit and start to walk away.

"fuck you!"

i roll my eyes, turning around to him.

"you try to be nice to someone and they're a fucking jerk. shove this up your fucking ass!" i yell, flipping him off.

"your bad attitude makes you so ugly!" he yells back.

"your fucking apple tattoo makes you so ugly!"

"watch your fucking mouth!" he grits, standing.

"or what? go grieve your dead friend."

we death stare each other as the porch lights on the apartments and lamplight's start to flicker.

a weird tingly sensation starts to form in my stomach, like butterflies, but way more intense. the palms of my hands start to go numb and tingle as if they fell asleep, warming up in a way.

"someone should teach you some fucking manners. my homie just died and you have the nerve to insult my tattoo- which by the way represents my little sister."

"i should learn manners?! you're kidding right? you insulted me first. i was trying to help."

"you're just like your mom. so go fuck off and ruin someone else's day."

i'm many things if i say so myself, but my mother, will never be one of those things.

i squeeze my fists together. the bag i'm holding falls due to the plastic... melting?

"i'm... NOT... MY MOTHER!" i shout and two red electric orbs shoot out of my hands, making me fall backward.

i look at my hands in surprise.

i look at the guy, thinking i've hit him with whatever just shot out of my hands.

a blue electric bubble surrounds him, he looking at me with wide eyes through it.

i swallow my spit and stand, trying to catch my breath.

the blue bubble disappears.

"what the hell just happened?" he questions, taking a step toward me. i take a step back.

i've got to get out of here.

i leave my shit i just bought and run my way to my apartment.