➗ matt69 ➗

[ 1:32 PM ]

"i'm sorry about not telling you about my phone," i apologize.

"you do know you can't stay here?" she asks.

"what?" i ask back as grayson coughs, passing me the joint. i grab it.

"you gave our location up. who even knows if it's even your girl texting you?" soraya questions.

"you wanna see the nudes she sends me?" i chuckle and inhale.

"i would not, but you're our danger."

"wait, soraya we didn't come up with this decision together," grayson speaks up.

"and you settling here is dangerous to you," i throw in.

"i didn't think dom would turn himself in," she answers back.

"can we actually talk about this before you go and start kicking me out?" i question, inhaling a heavy hit before passing it to soraya.

"there's nothing to talk about," she deadpans, inhaling the chemicals. the cherry burns a bright red before she pulls the joint away from her lips and french inhales.

"wait a minute, you two decided to kill those officers."

"you suggested it?!" she yells holding the smoke in for a bit and exhaling it, a small cloud emerging from her mouth.

"apple couldn't turn you invisible. i was helping out."

"yeah and look who got no blood on there hands?"

"because your control freak ass wanted to do shit all by yourself."

"because i don't trust you! we're back to the main argument. i don't trust you. therefore you have to go."

"guys!" grayson yells.

"gray, we could be raided any second!"

"then shouldn't we be spending this time training? arguing back and forth isn't going to get us anywhere! except wasting time. here's a thought that's bigger than the both you: the world is going to be wiped out in six more days and dom actually needs all four of us in this house. so can we at least shut up and start acting like a fucking team?"

"look ma, i'm trying to prove to you that i'm ready to actually do something useful with my life. dom asked me to help, so i want to help," i stress to her.

"i want to trust you matt, but i don't think i can. i can't trust that when we need you, you'll be there," soraya says before grabbing the lighter from my hand and sparking the dead joint back up.

she inhales and passes to grayson. he takes it willingly, with a giddy notion.

"yo soraya, you, dom, apple, even grayson, say the word and i'm there! i promise that. i'm all in."

"soraya," grayson states, in a tone that sides with me and my position.

she looks at him.

"it's hard to trust him gray. what do you want me to say?" she chuckles.

"i trust him, so trust me, just for this. we need him and you know it."

she breathes audibly, clearly upset that she knows she needs me to learn about the guns.

"as much as i want to commit so many horrendous things to you, you're lucky you're viable in guns," she laughs, "because if you didn't, you'd be so dead they'd name it the fastest death in history. so this shit better not blow the fuck up in our faces."

grayson passes me the joint and i inhale.

"why would it?" i question.

she sends me a death glare.

"i'm ignoring that idiotic question." i laugh to myself. "you do have brain cells right?" she questions, looking at me with disgust.

"yeah, 'bout two of them hoes," i smile and pass her the joint.

"you're not funny," she says, scolding me.

"that'll change," i shrug.

she inhales deep and french inhales once more like a true smoker. it's a quiet moment, but i spend it watching her inhale again to blow O's.

i wonder what she's been through?

"how did you meet dom?" she asks.

"we met in high school," i answer as she passes to gray. i notice his eyes are low but he accepts the plant with no hesitation.

that's good peer pressure.

"where did you know to get guns?"

"i knew people who knew people. not hard in naples."

"hm."

"hm?" i question, confused by her response.

"i'm evaluating," she shrugs.

"evaluating what?"

"what was your relationship like?"

i frown.

"me and dom looked out for each other," i answer.

"what was he like in high school?"

i think about her question as memories of dom and i flood into my brain.

"bold. he didn't give a fuck. still doesn't."

"no cap," soraya nods.

i smile to myself, seeing she really does like him to the point she's adopting his lingo.

"he's got lots of love though. he acts tough but he's pretty much a softie."

"so soraya in a nutshell," grayson laughs passing me the near finished joint.

"i'm not sensitive!" soraya objects with a frown on her face. grayson and i look at each other with the same 'we both know she lying' expression. "okay! fine! maybe i am."

"what made you that way?" i question. "not trying to be rude on anything; just curious. like, dom and alex acted way different when their mom didn't have full control over her life."

"toxic moms tend to be the trend here. dom told me that she really wanted to change her life around. i didn't know her, but i know she's something special to them. at least she wanted to change. my mom just sucked and gave zero fucks about me and what i did with my life," she explains. "my mom fucked me up, but i'm working on that."

"at least you're working on it."

"it's been two hours and i haven't heard anything from him," she says, switching subject with no sense that their was a previous conversation going.

she must be really worried about him.

"i'm sure he's fine," i tell her. "i'm convinced they wouldn't kill him, just because the US would rather find out the who, what, when, where and why in these types of situations."

"i don't know. i feel like something terrible is going to happen. he would've checked in by now."

"i'm sure he's okay," grayson chimes in.

"he's a strong kid. he'll contact you in no time," i add.

in this moment, i realize the role that soraya plays in all of this.

without her, we'd be lost. confused. her being a reckless mess only hurts us. if she's not clear headed, we're going to pay the price. we need her.

she's our leader.