🌹 soraya15 🌹

[ 9:11 PM ]

"hood up," i tell him, sliding mine over my head and tucking my curls out of sight.

we walk into the front office area. it's a small separate building from the motel. just a waiting area and a check in desk.

it's colder inside than out so my body tries to adjust to the change.

"welcome to nite's motel. what can we do for you?" a caucasian elderly man questions.

his hairs straight white. he's a healthy weight, but his age is in his face.

an elderly japanese woman stands next to him, a warm smile on her face.

do they know what's going on with this virus?

"we'll take a room for tonight. we might stay longer, not exactly sure on that yet," i answer him, standing a comfortable distance away.

dom stands quietly a step behind me.

i can see the two owners check out his tattoos on his face.

they silently judge him.

i refrain from saying anything, but clear my throat, bringing their attention back to me.

"okay!" the elderly man smiles, but only at me. "ren, can you get these youngsters a key?"

"single or double bed?" ren questions, sending me a concerned look.

"single," dom speaks up.

"that'll be $45," the old man states.

i crouch onto one knee opening my backpack and pull out yet another three $20s.

"you can keep the extra $15," i tell him, standing and sliding the money towards them.

ren slides us the key and dom reaches for it. he walks toward the exit.

"thank you," i smile at them, "have a good-"

"is everything... okay?" ren questions as dominic closes himself outside.

"what?" i question.

"are you in any trouble? should we call someone?" the elderly man fires at me.

"you think... no, it's- he's not- that's my boyfriend," i lie, refraining from audibly gagging.

"are you sure?" ren questions.

"well tell that to the bun in the oven," i force out. "we're just trying to find a good place to settle down while saving up. promise. nothing crazy is going on. thank you for being concerned, but i happen to love his tattoos."

i'm gonna throw up.

"we're sorry we jumped to conclusions," the man apologizes.

"have a good night," i dismiss and walk out.

"what the hell took you so long?" dom curses, standing in the middle of the parking lot.

"nothing. let's go."

"how many times have you actually done this?"

"between 16 and 18, i did what i had to to get away from the monster that is- was. the monster that was my mother. what's the room number?"

"four."

the odd number rooms are the first level while the evens are the second. we climb the stairs, walking past room two and stopping in front of room four.

i watch as dom unlocks and opens the door.

the room's plain. an orange tint from the lamp which seems to be the only light source. the bed sheets are white. the walls are an off white, beige but not. there's one bed in the center against one wall facing a small dresser with a small tv on top. there's another door i assume to the bathroom.