🌹 soraya85 🌹

[ 12:13 AM ]

i huff, tossing the AR inside of the duffel. over the course of two days, my body has gotten pretty accustomed to the guns and to the combat.

i find myself being more agile, quicker, more receptive to information as it comes to me. i'm able to flip and bend in ways i've never had- or tried before. its effective since i'm able to take down both grayson and matt when we spar; guys twice my size.

i would say i'm shocked with my newfound skills but with our powers that we have, it could all tie into that. all i want is enough skill to go and get dominic back.

"four more days now," grayson says, glancing between matt and i as we stand in a triangle in the livingroom.

"i was thinking that on day two we head to the van. maybe we strike the last day MAX takes its course," i throw out to them.

"are you comfortable enou-"

"don't ask me if i'm ready to go clean up your mess," i snap at matt. "if he's gone, you better hurry your ass to your girlfriend because if i catch you, it's going to be a tragic story," i grin.

his eyes widen in terror.

good.

"goodnight," i throw over my shoulder, turning to leave the room and go lay down.

i walk upstairs, each step painful and agonizing then the next.

i want a shower but my body is exhausted.

i'll just cuddle apple and go to sleep, i tell myself as i arrive at the door. i slowly open it, hoping to not wake her.

"i'm not sleep," she states in the darkness, nearly giving me a heart attack.

"oh my god! apple?! why aren't you asleep?" i question, entering the room and closing the door behind me.

"i can't sleep..." she whispers, "something is wrong."

i find the light switch and flip it on. apple squints at the brightness and i do a bit as well.

i think about her nightmares. i'm scared she won't ever try to sleep with them raging the way they have been.

"do you want me to lay with you after i shower?" i ask her, my scent hitting my nose and it's not pleasant.

"yeah but-"

"okay! just give me five minutes," i tell her bending down to rummage through my backpack.

"okay..."

i grab underwear, one of dom's flannels and decide that that's enough clothing for myself.

i head into the bathroom and crack the door. i turn the water on and strip myself out of my clothes. i check the temperature and hop in since it's at the perfect setting.

the water pelts my body like mini bullets shooting at me. it stings in the perfect way. it feels amazing.

i needed this. a moment to relax with myself and stop worrying about dom.

every few seconds my mind has to think of him.

dom!

dom!

dom!

i just need one small moment for soraya. that's it.

i take a deep breath and just stand under the water. listening to the patterns of the way it hits my body and the tub underneath me.

i relax into it.

a searing pain erupts in my chest, seeping through my entire being. it weakens me to the point of falling to my knees.