🦋 dominic48 🦋

[ 2:40 PM ]

i'm not going to lie, that shit hurt.

i feel so stupid.

there is no way i could ever break down that impenetrable wall she consistently keeps building.

matt's right.

she treats me like shit.

i should just focus on apple and getting strong for alex.

soraya is only going to help soraya.

hey apple.

dommy?

what do you say just me and you go and try to find noonie?

i could figure it out by myself. i've done it once under different circumstances.

apple looks at me confused, eating some cheetos that grayson got from a small stop at an open gas station, which are getting harder to come by.

what? without-

yes. without, yes.

i look at soraya putting her finishing touches on her daisy. coloring is one of the only things to do besides stare at each other or the van ceiling and think to yourself, or sleep. her hand doesn't falter so i assume she's not in the conversation.

why? what happened? what did you say?

how do you assume i said something?

did you?

no! she rejected me! you probably don't even know what that means.

remember isadora?

i remember isadora. how do you remember isadora? i dated her when you were four.

but you stayed together until i turned six. that wasn't healthy.

what?

you and isadora, yell like soraya and you do, but you and isadora yelled all the time. like everyday.

we didn't yell everyday.

c'mon dommy. i'm seven, not dumb. you yelled everyday.

okay, so why bring her up?

you can't just force someone to be happy. it comes and goes for everyone. some days i'm happy. some days i'm sad. or mad. mama always told me patience.

yeah patience, but she's fighting an entire feeling apple. the very thing that brings us together.

not patience for you. patience for soraya. she's different and she's cool. she's learning. you're learning. i'm learning. sometimes we have to learn in peace away from our classmates to get the best learning.

"hey gray, before we reach your home, we're going to need to stop at a library," soraya states, sitting her green color down.