🦋 dominic12 🦋

[ 6:00 PM ]

"you know," i groan, "what the... DUMBEST thing is?" i grit as we walk, carrying the rug with her mother rolled inside.

the shit i get myself into.

"WHAT DOM?!" she yells at me in a whisper.

"youcanmovethingswithyourfuckingmind!" i rush out.

"you say this now?" she groans pointing out we're two feet away from the garbage bin. "i barely can fathom i have powers, let alone remember to use them in situations i've never been in before!"

"well use your mind!"

i let the rug go, it hitting the ground with a dense thud.

"really?" she deadpans.

"just do it!" she flips me off. "keep doing it and i might start to like it," i tease.

"ew," she remarks, rolling her eyes.

"c'mon! no one's around!"

"don't rush me! and at least put your hands on the rug to make it look believable."

i sigh and put one hand underneath the middle of the rug.

i watch as she focuses, breathing and closing her eyes.

i keep an eye out for anyone.

the rug starts to tremble a little before lifting, no weight baring down on my sole hand.

i use my free hand and interlace my pinky with hers, assuming our energy together could speed this up.

her energy tingles my arm; stronger, more powerful since the past few hours of being with each other.

i let her handle what she needs to, the rug finally crashing against the hollow inside of the trash bin.

"done," she breathes, yanking her pinky from mine. "we should go check on alex. see if he's got any new information. he's been probably searching for hours."

"it's only 6:12," i check. "he's stayed in the house longer than that. but yeah, we should."

we start to make our way back to my place, which isn't far.

when looking for an apartment, we wanted to be close to the trash bin so we wouldn't have piled up trash.

all of those normal things look and sound dumb to do, now that i have powers.

and that max is gone.

nothing feels the same anymore.

as we round a final corner, soraya pushes me back, stopping the both of us. she peeks around the corner.

"what are you-"

"look!" she whispers, fisting my shirt and pulling me to peer around the corner with her.

we see alex talking to two guys in black suits and shades.

men in black?

alex's arms are folded. he's extremely stand off-ish in stature.

something's wrong.

"what do they want?" i ask her.

"i don't know; doesn't look good though," she whispers.

i watch helplessly as the two in suits share a look with each other. one of them takes something out of his pocket and injects it into alex's neck. as alex's body falls limp, the other suit guy catches him and tosses him over his shoulder.

i start to go help and soraya stops me, wrapping her arms around me holding me in place.

"no! we can't. we don't know who they are or what they want," she tells me in a hushed tone.

they disappear out of sight with my unconscious brother.

"we have to go after them!" i try to whisper but my voice cracks and tears start to fall down my cheeks. "that's my brother!"

she lets my body go and cups my face in both of her hands.

"right now, we need to protect ourselves and figure out what's going on. they didn't kill him. we'll figure this out. we'll get him back, okay?"

i let her words alleviate me. her tranquilizing energy soothing.

she's right.

they could've killed him but they didn't.

this is about us.

me.

max.

alex.

soraya.

i get it.

i look soraya deep in her horrified eyes.

"they think we started the virus."