🦋 dominic4 🦋

[ 7:42 PM ]

i stare at myself in the mirror, poking at my skin.

i felt a control over electric current somehow, right when she did what she did and i formed that dome around myself.

i've never felt that before.

ever. next to that electric shock she gave me when i bumped into her earlier.

how did she do what she did?

is she the only one?

are we the only two?!

i'm so confused.

"alex?!" i yell, walking into his room.

he's laying down on his lone mattress, cuddling his pillow. his face is clean now and he took a mighty long shower.

"what's up dom?" he asks quietly.

"have you ever felt... different?" i ask sitting in front of his mattress on the floor.

"what nigga?"

"like, i don't know bro! just... electricity wise?" i question, not exactly sure where i'm going with this conversation.

"yo, what are you on?" he asks softly, not moving from his laid position and certainly not trying to overstep after what just happened with max.

"something happened bro. something insane!" i exclaim, remembering that exhilarating feeling of making that bubble around me.

"what you mean?" he asks furrowing his brows.

"i... i formed a shield around myself," i reveal, feeling like an idiot now that i've said it out loud.

"what?" alex questions looking at me concerned.

"and the girl with the bitchy mom, she's got powers too!"

alex is my blood brother. we've always been close and this is something that i can't keep to myself.

"is this how you're grieving?"

"alex, i'm telling you man." i stare him down, trying to look into his soul so he knows this isn't a joke. "i don't know what happened with max, but this... this happened bro!" i express.

i want him to believe me.

unless i'm going crazy and hallucinating because my dude just died.

but, that feeling was too intense. it was too present for it to be a hallucination.

alex stares at me, a long silence passing between us.

"prove it," he states, sitting up in bed.

i stand up in front of him and try to imagine a shield around me.

nothing happens. not even a spark.

i don't even know how i did it in the first place. it just sort of happened.

i squeeze my eyes close and try to focus. i try to imagine the sensation i felt.

nothing.

"fuck!" i curse.

"you're scaring me bro."

"i don't know how, but i'm not crazy. i'm not!" i yell at him, walking into the living room to pace it.

i felt that entire current through my body.

it was real. it happened!

i spend the rest of the night trying to form the stupid blue bubble around myself.

i sigh, falling onto the floor, defeated.

daylight calmly shines in, and i assume it's about six or seven in the morning.

i turn my head, staring at the pool of blood we've left just soaking into the carpet.

i should've told our other friends what happened with max but i'm just too hurt about it. i don't want to hear about how everything happens for a reason or how time will heal everything. i'm good on all that.

and on top of that, i don't know if i'm going crazy or not.

this shit doesn't happen to me.

i don't lose a friend and maybe gain powers.

"i'm not crazy," i mumble to myself, squeezing my face in my hands.

i take one more sigh, banging my palms on the floor. i stand back up and stand in the middle of the room.

the lights to the porches and lampposts started flickering when she insulted my sister, and i feel like it was me who was controlling that.

that's when that electrifying feeling started.

i look up at the one light in the living room above me.

i stare it down trying to focus on reaching that sensation.

i will my mind, my heart, my soul, and my body to try to get the light to flicker or turn off.

i start to feel something small in my core and even though it's tiny, i can feel the numbing, yet electric pulse creep in.

i smile, looking down at myself and back up at the light.

i try to accelerate the feeling and an invisible wave of energy physically leaves my body toward the light, it bursting on impact.

i kneel, protecting my head with my arms as the debris falls on top of me.

"dom?!" i hear alex as his footsteps trample out of his room and into the living room. "you okay bro?!" he asks out of breath, a look of bewilderment etched in his expression.

i stand slowly, chuckling to myself as i shake my clothes of the dirt.

"yo... you're gonna freak!"