🌹 soraya31 🌹

[ 10:33 AM ]

my dream.

it didn't feel like a dream.

it felt like a memory.

as if i know anything about patches of destroyed dirt.

i'm not even sure if that's exactly what it was.

my best guess is land, but where?

"hey..."

i fall out of my trance and watch as dom walks his way over to me from cleaning the dishes.

why? i assume for some sense of normalcy. once we step out of this apartment, we'll be hunted fugitives.

being careful doesn't even seem like the appropriate term to use once we leave.

"yeah?" i finally answer as he's sitting in the seat next to me.

"what's happening in that pretty little head of yours?" he asks, offering me a small smile.

"my dream," i tell him, going back into my trance. "that connection, i felt it. i still do. none of my dreams ever felt that strong, not even the nightmare i had about you." i pull my legs up to my chest. "i don't know what it means."

"if you feel that strongly, then what's the plan?" he asks.

"keep moving. we stay low, maybe find odd jobs. we're going to need to change how we look, especially you, lavender hair," i tease, looking at his hair. "a dead giveaway. i'll take my hoodie, get you some hair dye, get me a wig. should i get apple something?" i question.

"how about this? we go with you. we shouldn't split up, now that we're being hunted. and apple doesn't need anything. they aren't looking for her. yet."

i nod.

"well, you and apple better be prepared to run because i'm going to do some stupid shit."

"i'll go pack a bag for apple and we can go."

he gets up and disappears into apple's room.

i sigh and stand, pulling my hoodie over my tank top. i strap my backpack on both of my shoulders and wait.

🦋 dominic 🦋

"hey apple, let's get ready," i tell her, opening her closet door.

"where are we going?" she questions, getting off her bed from coloring.

i grab her largest backpack, which is still small.

"we're going to..." i trail off, grabbing things she's going to need.

"dommy!"

"we're just going apple! okay?" i tell her, raising my voice a little.

"fine."

"sorry," i sigh, "just put your shoes on. i'll explain later."

i stuff everything surprisingly inside of her backpack. i even packed her coloring book and colors.

"are we going to noonie?"

"apple. please. come see if you can carry this."

she slips her sneakers on and bounds up to me. she grabs the backpack and with ease, drapes it over one shoulder.

she sends me a dirty look and i bend down to her height.