➗ matt77 ➗

[ 5:37 AM ]

beep! beep!
beep! beep!
beep! beep!

i roll over to my blaring phone and crack my eyes open long enough to press the 'snooze' button.

i snuggle my face against my pillow, wanting to stay asleep for a few more minutes.

i'm mentally and physically exhausted.

knock! knock!

"yeah!" i groan out, squinting my eyes at the door.

"let's go coach!" grayson shouts.

i grab my phone and look at the time: 5:38 AM.

"it's early as hell," i whine to myself. "alright! i'll be out!"

i go to anna and i's thread.

[ Matty 💛 ]
morning bby. hope you're
ok 💛 imy and i can't wait
to see you

i sigh to myself, basking in the silence for a little bit before things get chaotic.

soraya could be in a mood. grayson could turn on me. the fbi could come today. anything can happen.

my mind travels to dom.

soraya never said if he contacted her after she had him pin everything on her.

he would kill me about my phone. he'd find multiple ways to make me suffer.

i know i'm an idiot.

i've accepted the fact that i've potentially put everyone here in danger. i've accepted the fact that my karma will come.

however, i haven't accepted the fact that if he does, it'd be all my fault. his death on my hands and conscience.

i should've told them about my phone earlier. it would've been better. i wouldn't have possibly threw him into a trap.

it makes sense to fucking hate me.

knock! knock!

"matt! c'mon!" soraya yells this time, adding two loud bangs on the door.

"alright! i'm getting out of bed!" i yell back.

i sit up and rub my face, looking around the plain room.

will i ever get enough sleep?

i get out of bed and throw on a dark blue hoodie, leaving my black shorts on. i slip my black nike's on and head downstairs.

as i head toward the livingroom, i hear whispering. i stop and strain my ears to listen.

"...he's dangerous to us."

"but-"

"fuck that. he's got a device that is telling our exact location! how we haven't broken it or disconnected it yet is beyond me! he needs to go."

"he can't. you know that. we need him."

"i know. he's got luck on his fucking side."