🌹 soraya21 🌹

[ 12:12 PM ]

why the hell is everyone going to texas?!

"i really hate the fact everyone-"

"is going to texas?" dom asks, smiling.

"stop. it."

"it's coming to me at random times," he shrugs chuckling.

i groan.

"i know i should be the one to calm you down right now, but i'm pissed too. we really need to get to her."

i take a deep breath.

"what time is it?"

"12:12," he answers, pulling the flip phone out. he flips it open and sets it to his ear. "hello... hey apple!" he exclaims grinning, but it falls shortly. "no... no i won't be there today, but i promise i'm on the way... i love you okay? i'll be there soon. okay, bye."

he flips the phone down and pockets it.

"how is she?" i ask.

"terrified, but okay."

a truck slowly pulls into the lot.

"let's pray this is our chance," i say, grabbing my backpack and standing. i sling it over my shoulder and walk towards the truck as it parks by a gas pump.

i use the stepping stool, hoisting myself up with the help of the open window.

i come face to face with a black guy in his late 40s.

"hello ma'am. you look a little young to be out here alone," he smiles.

"i'm not. my boyfriend and i were trying to get to the baton rouge area," i explain after throwing a thumb over my shoulder in dom's direction.

"lucky you. i'm going to gulfport, mississippi."

"could we hitch a ride to mississippi then?"

"you guys on the run from something?" he chuckles.

"a troubled past," i state straight faced.

he's silent, staring me down and looking over my shoulder at dom.

"let me fill my tank. hop on in."

i step down and walk back to dom.

"it's our lucky day," i grin. "he's heading to mississippi. he's a perv. could you sit in the middle?"

he springs up.

"come on."

it's a silent 30 minutes as outside just blurs by.

four hours in this truck with this man. i can't sit in this uncomfortable silence. it rubs me the wrong way.

dom?

he looks at me but i don't take my eyes off the road in front of us.

what are you doing?

i'm bored.

dude.

dom, it's so fucking silent. at least i had the leaves crunching to keep me company. i need some sort of entertainment.

no.

i'm just going to keep bothering you.

he doesn't respond.

dom... dom... dom... dom! dom! dom!

"RAY!" he screams.

i try to suppress my laugh.

"what the hell boy?!" the driver responds. "you trying to make me crash this thing?!"

dom squints his eyes at me.

"sorry, he's prone to random outbursts sometimes," i tell the guy, trying to keep a straight face as best as i could.

i hate you so much

oh dommy, when will you learn?

you want to be entertained? open up to me then. tell me how you're feeling.

i don't dwell dom.

he reaches over to grasp my hand in his. i smile, not meaning to.

i just want you to be okay.

i am. i'm perfectly fine.

ray, please. you can trust me. i promise. you don't have anything to be afraid of. i think you're scared you'll lose me. and you won't.

okay. dom.

he lets my hand go.

i internally sigh.

whatever.

i don't want to get into this right now.

i'll just get some sleep.

i get as comfortable as i can, laying my head on the window and close my eyes, forcing myself to sleep.