🌹 soraya87 🌹

[ 1:17 AM ]

"matt, phone."

"why?" he scolds me. i hold my hand out, daring him to say another word. he huffs, digging into his shorts pocket and pulling out the phone. "just be careful," he tells me, hesitating a few times before setting it in my hand.

i toss it in the air, it soaring high above our heads. matt gasps in horror. as it comes down, i make the effort to catch it.

"ohh! b-be fucking careful!" he yells at me. "what the hell is your problem? that's my baby!"

say bye bye baby.

i raise the phone and hurl it down on the concrete of the kitchen floor, it smashing into three pieces; the body, the battery and the back of the phone.

"NO! what are- you- you- are you stupid?!" matt yells at me picking up his destroyed phone. "you're lucky i remember my girls' number!"

"no more bullshit!" i shout at him. "something happened to dominic. we have to formulate a plan. now," i announce to a heated matt, a half asleep grayson, and anxious apple.

"you are dumb! we're going to carry guns into maryland?" matt insults, "on foot?!"

"walking to maryland is like-" grayson yawns, leaning on the island counter, "-like a three day journey."

"you know about cars?" i question to matt.

"maybe," he grumbles, trying to puzzle his phone back together.

"you know which cars can be hot wired or not?"

he rolls his eyes.

"i mean, maybe," he shrugs.

"solution to the three day journey," i smile.

"what makes you so sure about this?" grayson asks.

"f'real! why do we have to just move when you say to?"

"matt you should be kissing the fucking earth i walk on. shut the hell up." i look at grayson. "look, apple and i, both, felt something. we both know it's dominic."

gray looks at apple, then at me.

"okay," he nods.

matt kisses his teeth and groans.

"we pack light and we look ahead. a new day is coming," i nod. grayson and matt share a look. "oh shut up, let's go! c'mon!"

the two move at my sharp tone.

i take in a deep breathe and look at apple who's giving me a toothy grin.

"alright little one. let's get going!"