🌹 soraya9 🌹

[ 1:13 PM ]

we finally reach a hikers trail.

dom bought us water around halfway so we wouldn't die of exhaustion.

after walking off trail and into the deep set of trees, AND almost getting lost, we find a pretty secluded field.

"this seems do-able." i nod and shimmy out of my jean jacket. i place it on the ground, dropping my nearly finished bottle of water on top of it. "i wanna work on your force field. last time you did it, i threw whatever i did from my hands," i tell him over my shoulder, walking ahead of him. "ready?"

i smile and turn to face him.

"what if you hit me?!"

"i'll still be alive," i shrug.

he death glares me.

"how reassuring."

"just focus," i say, staring at him. "we're here," i nod, doing the 'i'm watching you' gesture. "trust me."

he nods slowly, with no belief to my words.

"okay," he breathes, revving himself up. "i'm ready."

i close my eyes, focusing on bringing out my power through my control. my palms heat up and i open my eyes, seeing two red orbs growing in size in my hand. i hold my hands out, they blasting from my palms toward him, making me plummet to the ground, yet again.

i laugh to myself and look toward dom, seeing him stomach down on the ground. he looks up at me, stunned.

"i ducked!" he yells.

i smile and stand, getting up from my back.

"focus!" he gets up and dusts himself off. "are you ready?"

"hit me! not literally though."

i breathe and focus. it's getting easier to conjure up my power.

i throw the orbs, planting my feet in the ground. once they leave my hands, my shoes are scuffed and dirtied by the force of the blow, sliding me a few inches from my original spot.

dom flies to the ground again, my orbs sailing over him.

"i- fuck!" he curses, banging a fist on the ground. "i can't do it!"

"yes you can! you've done it before!"

"i'm trying!"

"focus!"

"I AM!" he yells.

"YOU'RE NOT!"

"you think i want to get hit by your stupid electric balls?!"

"you didn't have any issue forming it before!"

"it wasn't me that made it come out. it was almost like a reaction!"

"well! react to this!"

i huff in irritation. i heat my palms up, my nerves numbing to the heat. i plant my feet into the ground to counteract the force. in one smooth motion i throw one orb after the other.

dom squeezes his eyes shut.

my anxiety starts to increase. my heart pumps.

everything is moving in slow motion.

my heavy breathing takes my entire hearing as i watch my orbs make their way to him.

his eyes still squeezed closed.

oh my god do the force field.

the orbs are mere centimeters from him before his blue shield shapes around him, causing my electric balls to bounce off, soaring over my head and into the trees.

"I TOLD YOU!" i shout at him, jumping in the air, a relief washing over me.

i'm not the cause of his death. at least today.

the blue force field disappears.

he looks at me shocked and proud.

he "woo's" in response.

"fuck yeah!" he praises, looking down at himself. he rubs on his torso and chest, walking toward me. i meet him halfway. "we're so special!" he tells me as we're face to face. "imagine all the things we could do with what we have!"

"what do you mean?" i ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"we can help so many people!"

"how?"

"i don't know! we could be a modern day spider-man! spider-man and spider-woman!" he exclaims.

"hmm, let's see," i start, prepared to burst his bubble. "we decided to look up and see if anyone else could relate to us and found NOTHING. if anyone finds out that we have what we have, we'll be hunted. maybe killed. and honestly dominic, the world doesn't need magical powers right now. there's nothing we can do," i shrug.

"that's not true."

"okay well what do you want to do? call the FBI and say "hey! how are you? i'm really good, and your wife? that's good! i've got powers! wanna join forces?"?!"

"no. i don't know ray! i'm just trying to think of good ways we can use these," he says.

"we have to figure out how to control them first before anything!"

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

i grab my phone from my pocket annoyed by the loud warning sound.

ALERT:
New virus MAX20 is very fatal and dangerous.
Contraction by: Touch & Cough
Death upon contraction.
Healthy Individuals: 5 Hours
Immune-Compromised: 3 Hours

MAX20 is deadly.
Stay indoors.

"MAX20?" i question to dom.

"as in my homie?" he questions back, trying to look at my phone screen.

"okay, what in the actual hell is going on?"