🌹 soraya13 🌹

[ 6:20 PM ]

"explain," i assert, pacing my living room.

"think about it. max is patient zero right? makes sense on why it's called MAX20. i mean there's no other reason they would take my brother. whoever they are."

i stop pacing.

"wait. they think you guys started it," i correct him. "i have nothing to do with this."

"i would imagine they're looking for me and will ultimately see you on camera at that diner with me."

one look at the diner footage, plus the lady who lost her life there?

"then we need to leave," i tell him.

they're going to hunt us down.

"what?" he questions.

"they're going to find us and do god knows what with us!" i tell him and peek out the window, "they don't know we have powers. we'll be more of a threat. they could shoot us dead. we have to go."

"go? go where? what about alex?"

"we'll hone in on our powers," i nod facing him, "get stronger. then we help. but now, we need to move. get far away from here. do you have any saved up money?" i ask.

"not really. the move took a lot."

"okay, that's fine, i do. dominic, this is one of those times i'll need you to not talk and just do. i'm going to pack a bag and then we can see if yours is safe for you to pack."

i don't wait for a response. i leave him, heading to my room.

i stuff one tank top, two plain shirts, one pair of shorts, a light and dark color pair of jeans, 3 pairs of underwear, one sports bra, one regular bra, three pairs of socks, my toothbrush, a hoodie, body soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, perfume, and my phone charger all in one of my "emergency" backpacks.

i have two in case i ever needed an escape from my mother if she ever completely flipped and tried to kill me.

they've been used plenty, luckily not for that.

finally, i grab my ziplock bag that's got $3500 in savings. i stick that in my bag, zipping it up and slinging the backpack over my shoulder. i spin around, prepared to go meet dom in the living room.

"jesus!" i jump, seeing him leaned against the doorway. "how long were you standing there?!" i question, clutching my chest over my heart.

"the entire time," he shrugs nonchalant.

he kicks himself of the frame and walks up to me, embracing me in a hug.

"i know this is weird," he says. i nod to myself mentally. "it's just- what the fuck is happening?!"

i feel for him.

first his best friend dies, then his brother is kidnapped possibly by government officials.

now we're being pinned for something we didn't start.

i can't tell if it's dominic in general or the spiritual energy coursing through my body that's making me have emotions, either way i hate it.

"come on. we should go," i say after a while, slightly wriggling him off me.

we walk our way back to his.

"and if they're posted up inside?" he asks me.

"we have powers. we can subdue them."

"you can. i can fuck with lights and cast a force field. that's just something i'll never believe coming out of my mouth."

"i told you. i think there's more."

"i don't have cool powers," he whines.

"swear i'm gonna smack you. your powers are so cool."

"ehh i don't-"

"wait," i interrupt. my phone ringing from my back pocket. i fish it out, setting it to my ear. "hello?"

"soraya what the hell's going on?!" she yells.

"reeves what's up?! what's happened!?"

"so many babies... so much blood," she trails, babbling; not making much sense.

"go home! have you been exposed?" i ask.

"what if i have 3 hours left!?" she cries. "ray, there's so much contaminated blood on me!" i hear her dry gag. "i should've listened to you! i should've stayed home!"

"reeves, calm down. how long ago were you exposed?"

"like two hours ago, i don't know!" she whines, adding a sniffle. "i don't want to die! i haven't met timothee chalamet yet!"

"you're not going to die okay?! you are the healthiest person i know!"

"this virus is spreading and taking anyone! i should've believed you! why did i think you were joking? what is this? what's happening?! because no one deserves to die like that!"

"are you home or heading there?"

"heading."

"good. call me when you make it there. i love you."

"i will. i love you too."

i hang up, sighing.

"so you do know what love is," dom states.

"my best friend is the only person i'll truly love. everyone else can go fuck off, i wouldn't give a damn," i tell him, shrugging.

we reach his front door. he takes a key out and looks at me.

"ready?" i nod. "okay, let's do this."