🌹 soraya53 🌹

[ 8:36 PM ]

"what do you think he's hiding?" matt asks once grayson closes us outside his home.

"whatever it is, don't press him about it, alright? everyone's got enough shit to deal with," i tell them. "sorry a."

dom nods at my words, smiling at my nickname for his little sister.

we wait around silently, taking in the scene that is his large exterior home.

it's the kind in which most american teens wish they grew up. it's cottagecore but with a modern twist. there are lots of flowers and grass and dirt patches. the home has a balcony and reaches two stories.

an american dream.

the front door opens.

"welcome to my childhood home!" grayson announces.

"what about our bags?" dominic asks.

"we'll grab our stuff later. i'm just glad to be out of that van!" i walk toward the house, but stop. "wait, we need to get rid of everything that could be tapped." i wave grayson over and he jogs to the group. "we've gotta get rid of anything that can be tapped into. mics, cameras."

he nods.

"let's do it."

when we walk in it's eerily quiet. it's spacious. i'm not exactly sure what i thought inside would look like, but this place fits the theme of home-y and comfortable.

we stand in a circle inside the livingroom. an L-shaped gray/blue sofa sits behind me. a flat screen is mounted on the wall to the left of me. the kitchen is to my right.

i notice that there's oddly no family pictures.

is this his home?

grayson holds up two fingers and points up. i nod and point up then to myself, letting him know i'm taking the second floor.

i don't wait for anyone else and go to find the stairs. after finding them, i ascend. there's four doors down one long hallway. i start with the one right next to the stairs, entering it. it's an empty room besides a bed made perfect.

i exit and nearly run into dominic.

i'll check these rooms on this side.

i nod at him and watch him enter the room across from me. it's plain as well; a bed in the corner and a white dresser in another.

dom searches around, grabbing a laptop on top of the dresser.

i admire his short, black hair and face tattoos. he looks at ease now; body loose and relaxed. that worried expression on his face is gone.

his lanky figure strides toward me in an elegant way; confident.

stare much?

i roll my eyes.

no.

now you lying.

dom!

he walks up to me, leaning in close.

i freeze.

why don't you do us both a favor and admit you like me?