🌹 soraya41 🌹

***TW// anxiety/panic attacks***
[ 12:49 AM ]

i made shit awkward, but i don't care. how dare he ignore the blatant danger he's put us in?

we can't be seen anywhere, by anyone!

who knows what this matt guy has planned? i should've read him, or whatever the hell it is i do, but i respect dom.

that's more than he can say about respecting me.

"so... uh matt. what's the news been saying about MAX?" grayson asks from the drivers seat, breaking the long silence that sat in the air, "do you know?"

dominic and matt switched seats and when dominic realized i wasn't going to respond to him, he gave up on communicating with me.

"the predictions they laid out are wild," matt says, sitting up.

"it's been, now six days. two days ago they said toll was two million," dom brings up.

"when this shit started it was 5000 deaths in one day," matt says, reminding me of the smoke session we had with alex.

i miss him.

"scientists were throwing out projections of what the damage would be and the numbers are fucking unbelievable!"

"well what are they?!" i question, wanting him to get to the point.

dom kicks my foot softly with his and i flash him my middle finger.

"on day two, the US had about 50,000 cases. that's a ten time increase of deaths. the virus moves quick and apparently there's immune people. i mean everyone's been around an infected in here, right?"

"matt, please get to the point," i urge.

what's the damage? what's supposed to happen?

"dom's right. two days ago the death toll was two million, but yesterday, they predicted 10 million people to die. in only five days."

"10 million?!" i question, sitting up, trying to picture what 10 million people dead would look like.

"two million deaths didn't really affect anyone. people were still going out and places were still open," dominic says, "but 10 million? that's going to shake the world."

"yeah, people are about to straight up lose morals," matt agreed, "'cause that's not even the worst part. today, that number will hit 50 million."

"50 million?!" grayson declares dumbfounded.

"globally- 'cause this shit isn't just happening here- the death toll with reach a billion deaths," matt breathes, taking his hat off and rubbing his face. his hair is short and a dark brown color.

"i can't even bother to imagine a billion fucking people. sorry apple," i say, acknowledging the quiet child.

she's mindlessly coloring; i completely forgot she is in the van.

but fuck!

one fucking billion...

50 million people here...

getting to new jersey is going to be really difficult. we could actually get caught.

we could all die.

dominic.

apple.

grayson.

me.

even matt.

my imagination flashes unnecessary scenarios that end in unpleasant deaths for all of us. i can't control the imagery. it just pops in my head and a new one takes its place seconds after.