🦋 dominic26 🦋

[ 7:15 AM ]

i wake to the sound of a zipper. i lift my head off the pillow i was just asleep on and look around the motel room. i squint, noticing the space next to me is empty and that soraya is across the room closest to the door, dressed and ready to go.

"didn't mean to wake you," she says, standing and shouldering her backpack, "i wanted to get an early start."

she doesn't bother to meet my eyes and it hurts because i can tell she's trying to avoid them.

we didn't do anything last night.

we shared those two kisses. held each other before she wanted to lay down. after that, it was silence and soft touches until we fell asleep.

now she's back to who she is.

i didn't expect her to actually go back to the way she treated me. i expected some sort of shift in emotion.

she's shown you dominic. leave it alone.

"what time is it?" i mumble, wiping at my eyes, laying my head back on the pillow.

"seven fifteen. i charged the phone last night just in case. if we find someone soon, we can get to apple by five or so," she explains, her body half turned to me. "i'll let you get dressed. i'll be outside."

she exits, leaving me in the room alone. it's silent and still.

i stare at the ceiling, taking a deep breath. i yawn and stretch big.

that's just who she is dom. don't say anything.

i wish you wouldn't shut me out soraya. as if i'm nothing. i don't want to be played with. i'm not trying to pressure you into anything. i just want you to be clear with me about anything that you want.

i don't get a response as i change into new underwear, jeans and a tee. i slip my shoes on. i grab my duffel and meet soraya outside.

she stretches the flip phone toward me.

"here's me being straight up with you," she breathes. she looks me in my eyes. "i don't know what i want out of me and you. i know that i'm comfortable with you. i know that you make it easy. i don't know why i kissed you. i didn't hate it!" i chuckle as she rambles. "nothing seems my choice anymore. i've never felt what we produce before. it's new. i think you want sentimental, and i don't do that. i can't give you that. i don't know if i can give you consistency dominic."

"are you even trying?" i ask.

"we don't know who we are or what we're capable of."

"you didn't answer me," i tell her, shaking my head.

"i'm sorting through my emotions dom. since you want honesty, i am terrified of losing you. ever since that stupid fucking dream!"

"sort through your emotions ray but know that i'm not going anywhere," i try to stress to her.

this feels like a breakthrough. i know she's got compassion somewhere inside her.

"i don't know if i want to feel that way about you though. i don't know! fuck, just... please don't go? you're all i have left," she professes her eyes watering.

i grab her beautiful cheeks with both of my hands.

"you're a part of the family now. you're not going anywhere."

maybe i'm doing something right.

our bodies were made for each other. i feel it. i'm chipping away her brick wall. small piece after small piece. whether she'd like to admit, she needs me; and i, her.

no cap.

"come on fike. let's go," she grins, grabbing my hand and dragging us in the direction of the truck stop.

"does this mean i can flirt with you openly now?" i ask, checking her out as she walks ahead of me.

"absolutely not."

"you gone try and stop me?" i smirk.

"dominic, you're annoying."

"you love it."

"that's what you thiiink," she sings.

i catch up to her, wrapping my arm around her neck.

"you love it," i repeat and peck her temple, earning a groan in response.