🦋 dominic45 🦋

[ 4:18 AM ]

"i told you not to do it," i reprimand, helping soraya climb onto the bed.

"i'm fine."

"you got mad and i don't know," i shrug.

"knocked us on our asses," grayson states and closes the side door.

"facts," matt agrees.

"can you hand me a bottle of water from the cooler," i ask him.

he follows my instructions.

"sorry, but i could do it," soraya says in a matter of fact tone.

"you pushed yourself too hard," i tell her, grabbing the cold water bottle and setting it on her forehead.

"that was cool!" apple grins.

she moves away and grabs it from my hands.

"i'm supposed to be pushing myself," she argues, popping the water open. i open my mouth to speak and she holds up a finger, gulping it down until there's a quarter of it left. "we're supposed to be getting better."

"yeah but there are safer ways than just going for it."

i plant my palm on her forehead.

"oh my-dominic i'm fine!" she yells flinching away from my hand.

"i'm just-"

"and you're not off the hook either. you can try to baby me but i'm still pissed at you. you went behind my back and got guns anyway, putting us in a rough spot."

"you can't still think not having guns is better. do you not know who's chasing us?"

"georgia's checkpoint could've went so much different than it did. we didn't hide the fucking guns! we got lucky with south carolina, but who's not to say north carolina or any other checkpoint after that is going to be more thorough!"

"we can figure it out. how can i convince you i didn't make a bad decision?"

"maybe if we make it to new jersey."

i sigh, crossing my legs in front of her.

can we talk about what happened earlier?

no.

has it happened before?

dominic please leave me alone.

why do you keep using my full first name?

goodbye.

c'mon ray. throw me a bone here. i'm doing this for you, apple, and alex. anything can happen, i'm starting to expect it at this point. we might not make it to new jersey but at least we have something that can help us if shit goes south.

so i'm not protecting apple?

wh-what?!

you just said i wasn't protecting apple enough so you had to step in.

i never even said anything remotely close to that. and apple's my sister.

so we're not family?

oh- soraya, what the-

uhm, i can hear you two.

our heads shoot in the direction of apple who's sitting staring at us two with a small smile on her face.

🌹 | oh my god apple you figured out how to talk to us!

soraya tickles her, making her laugh.

🎀 | yeah! it's cool! i don't know how but i'm doing it!

🦋 | well cool be our medium then apple.

🎀 | your what?!

🌹 | i thought she was only seven?

🦋 | ha ha soraya. you're hilarious. apple, tell soraya that she should forgive me.

soraya snorts, shaking her head.

🌹 | apple, tell dominic he's an idiot for thinking i'll forgive him. especially since he used my full first name.

🦋 | you're using my full first name.

🌹 | did your mom say yours with disgust everyday?

🦋 | actually-

🌹 | not everyday, so it doesn't count.

🦋 | it does so count!

🌹 | no it doesn't.

🦋 | yes it-

🎀 | couples shouldn't fight!

soraya and i look at apple realizing we've dragged her into our stupid, petty argument.

🎀 | couples shouldn't fight. it's not good for your health or something like that. that's what dommy and mama used to talk about.

🌹 | we're not a couple.

🦋 | just keep lying to yourself babygirl.

i smile at her and she rolls her eyes. i laugh to myself.

yo she definitely wants me.

🎀 | raya, dommy messes up. raya, you mess up to. i mess up all the time! but you shouldn't stay mad about it.

🦋 | the kids right soraya.

🌹 | don't steal my nickname for her.

🦋 | how can i steal a word?

🌹 | that's why i'm her favorite!

🎀 | guys! just apologize to each other and be nice!

i sigh.

we are too fucking old to be playing this game.

🦋 | look at the position we're in. look who we're running from. fuck soraya, we might not make it out of this. the last thing that i want is for you to be mad at me... you give me sort of clarity... and a little bit of happiness, so, please forgive me for getting the guns behind your back.

she stares at me with an expression i have a hard time deciphering.

🌹 | okay dom.

🦋 | see! i told you. you can't stay mad at me.

🌹 | no dom. forgiving you is one thing. forgetting is another. you're still a grade A dumbass.

🦋 | i'll take it.