🌹 soraya29 🌹

[ 8:05 PM ]

i reach over and lay my hand gently on apple's arm, a small electric shock flowing through my hand, stopping at my wrist.

i smile.

there's more of us.

apple looks at me.

"i'm soraya," i introduce.

"you're pretty. are you dating dommy?" she whispers at me even though dom is two centimeters from her.

"uhh..." i drag out, caught off guard with her question.

i look at dom who's waiting on my answer instead of helping me out.

"uh," i chuckle looking at the floor trying to think of what to say. "y-yeah, i guess we are dating," i answer. "which is completely different than a relationship," i point to dom.

"don't cap. you know you my girl," he smirks.

"don't ruin this. apple, i think you have a gift," i redirect. "like dominic and i. i guess it skipped alex," i mumble.

"he won't be too thrilled about that," dom nods.

"sooo, apple, what can you do?" i question to myself staring at her.

she's a small girl with a caramel complexion. she's adorable, with beautiful brown curls that are pinned up with bobby pins. she doesn't really remind me of dom, only with certain expressions.

"what are you two talking about?" she asks. "you sound crazy."

dom holds apple's face in his hands.

"we're going to show you something cool," he grins.

he stands and i do as well. he walks opposite of us, a great deal of space between us.

he closes his eyes and clenches his fist together.

seconds go by before finally, his shield forms, a tint of blue casted on every wall and thing.

apple looks at me, jaw dropped, eyes wide. i chuckle.

"you think that's cool?" i ask her, walking to dom. "how would you like to go for a ride?" i smirk.

"huh?" she questions.

i take a deep breath and focus my energy on apple. i will and imagine lifting her, my vibrations increasing as i can feel my energy enclose around the frame of her body. i start elevating her a few centimeters off the ground.

she breathes unevenly, looking at dom and i and the ground she's no longer touching.

"how are you-what's go- WHAT" is all she can get out.

i continue lifting her in the air, and float her into dominic's arms.

"what's going on?!" she yells in an adorable way.

"watch," i tell her, shaking my hands out and concentrate on forming two red orbs. my hands numb and finally, red electric pulses, swimming inside a clear ball sits in the palm of my hand. a tint of red displayed over her surprised face.

i retract the energy back into myself, smiling at her.

"apple, we have no idea what's going on," dom tells her.

"but we think you're one of us," i finish.

"i can do what you do?!"

"more or less," i shrug.

dominic let's her down.

"how do we access it?" dom asks me.

i stare at apple.

she's seven. how can i teach a seven year old something i barely understand about myself?

"let's sit," i suggest and we all sit in a circle. i grab her hand, gesturing with my eyes to dom to grab the other. he obeys. "okay, close your eyes apple." with a bit of skepticism, she does. "i want you to focus on the electric shocks you felt earlier with dom. do you feel it?"

she's silent.

"yes... yes i can feel it," she whispers.

"good," i smile. "don't be afraid of it. breathe that feeling in and breathe it out. fall into it."

"i'm scared," she whimpers.

i squeeze her hand tightly.

"you're special apple, just like dom and i," i tell her. "let the feeling take control and you'll find out just how special you are."

the connection between apple that i feel; it's like a sense of protection, an urge to teach her and care for her.

"i'm right here mamas," dom helps, "you can do it."

she breathes evenly, mellowing out. her eyes are pinched closed.

"relax," i whisper to her. "let everything go. nothing else matters baby girl, except you, and what you can do," i encourage.

and just like that, she disappears right before my very eyes.

she vanishes.

"in-fucking-VISIBILITY!" i curse, my hand holding hers falling on to my thigh. i grin at dom. "your sister can turn invisible!"

"i'm invisible!" apple explains, coming back into her body in front of us.

"what does this mean?" dom asks, eyes wide.

"i'm afraid we have more questions than answers right now," i tell him, caressing apple's cheek with my index knuckle.

more questions for sure.

[ 9:31 PM ]

apple runs around, giggling as she turns invisible and visible again. i watch her from the couch. dominic next to me.

"don't hurt yourself!" dom speaks up.

"i won't!"

"hey, ray, looks like we know how people know about us," dom says, tapping my arm before pointing to the tv.

i watch him turn the volume up.

"...said these two individuals are dangerous and should not be approached. if you see them, you call the number on your screen..."

i tune out the newscasters voice as a picture of me and dom are being shown to us from the television screen.

"after marina, we shouldn't stay here," i tell him, thinking about the last thing she said to us.

"she drove away before seeing what apartment we're in," he says.

"yeah, but i don't know dom," i say, my leg jumping in anticipation.

everything is setting in.

this isn't a joke.

people are actually going to be looking out for us. they're going to think that we're terrorists. they'll 'shoot first, questions later' us! they're going to blame us for something we didn't even do.

"hey, we're okay here for the night. trust me," he says, laying a hand on my thigh, rubbing circles.

"okay," i breathe. "if we're fucked. i'm blaming you."

"if we're fucked, then we're fucked."

"what? no. that's the worst attitude you can have right now."

"i just want to find alex."

"we will," i tell him.

"yeah."