🌹 soraya61 🌹

[ 8:28 AM ]

my head is going to explode.

yoga and meditation books are littered around me. most of them, though written by different authors, spout the same bullshit, so i feel like i'm driving myself insane.

knock. knock. knock.

i huff and roll my eyes.

since dom left, grayson and matt have taken their protector duties to the next level.

every 15 minutes, like clockwork, either one pops their head in here to check on me.

"hey!"

"grayson," i warn him, dropping my tone letting him know i don't want to be bothered and i'm fine.

"i just came to give you a glass of water," he smiles, entering with a three-fourths full glass cup of water.

"i've got four other ones i'm comfortably sipping. thank you," i tell him, pointing to the bedside table.

grayson's eyes fall onto the one empty glass surrounded by the three full ones.

"ah-ha! see! i was changing out this empty one," he grins, swapping the glass.

i chuckle.

"gray i'm okay. i'm just trying to become a self made killing machine so if you'll excuse me, i have some reading material to drive myself crazy with!"

"take a break. you've been going at it since he left," he tells me and moves a few books to sit next to me. "sounds like a distraction."

"it's not a distraction. i'm trying to prepare for the worst," i dismiss and flip the page of the book in my lap, not even finished with the previous one.

"well how about a hike?" i sigh.

"grayson! i don't have time to-"

"yes you do!" he cuts me off. "let's go! apple!"

apple bounds inside the room wearing a pair of white shorts and a purple t-shirt that has a smiling sun on it. her feet are absent of shoes.

"c'mon!" she grins, jumping up and down.

i scold gray.

"using the kid to persuade me?" i question, staring him down. he takes a step back. "good choice," i laugh.

he relaxes, bringing a smile back on his face.

"take your socks off."

"weird request," i frown, but do anyway and get out of the bed.

we leave out of the house venturing into the large backyard once again. it looks different in the daylight. the trees are on their way to dying but there's yellow and red leaves littered everywhere. shrubs sit among us, certain flowers dead already while others still hold on, death close.

the grass pokes at my feet annoyingly, but i tell myself this is what people used to do before shoes were invented. it's supposed to feel good.

some sort of connection between earth and i.

i follow grayson along a path as we fall in line with each other, apple running ahead a few feet, giggling happily.

"don't go to far!" i call to her.

"a laderbug!" she yells out, running a little quicker and in sporadic movements. "land on me!" she demands.

i chuckle to myself, keeping an eye on her.