🌹 soraya35 🌹

[ 2:22 PM ]

"and now we're here, meeting you," dom finishes.

grayson stares at us, frozen in many emotions. shock, terror, fright, major confusion, all written on his face.

"theirs no way," he lets out as if he was holding his breath. i nod. "you can- and he can- and she can?!"

"apple, care to show him?" i ask her.

she squeezes her eyes closed and without much time she's gone; out of sight in the blink of an eye.

grayson jumps as apple returns.

"oh fuck!" he curses, "i'm sorry but HOW?! h-how?!"

"we don't know. like we said, we bumped into each other and it sort of... unlocked? i know it sounds crazy but you've just seen it with your own eyes. please believe us. we need your help," i stress.

"y-you've got superpowers! how do you need my help?!"

"do you believe us?" i ask.

"i-i don't know what to believe! i've never taken drugs but i feel like i'm tripping right now," he says, rubbing his face. "i don't want to d-die by superpowers."

"we don't want to hurt you," i tell him.

i'm on the fence.

i ignore dom.

"all of this sounds insane. you realize that right?"

"we never said it would sound sane! we need your help staying on the run from the government," i put it bluntly.

we're wasting so much time. we've been in florida for too long.

"that's a lot to ask of someone who still doesn't know whether he believes a single word you're saying."

"look dude, we've told you our side of things, against my wishes. we're coming to you nicely. so are you going to help us or not?" dom questions, annoyance laced in his tone. "because we easily can steal this from-."

"dom!" i interject. "grayson, no one's stealing anything," i assert, looking between the two. "we need to get better with our powers. whether or not you are in this van, we need it. i'm coming to you civil. we can protect you."

"i don't need protection. i want answers about what's going on!"

i squeeze my face together, irritated. we need to go!

"we don't have answers grayson! we just knew patient zero and that we have powers. that's it," i lay out.

grayson sighs, staring at the three of us like he's having a conversation in his head.

"fine. i'll help you," he finally says. "what the hell else am i going to do?"

he stands, slightly pacing.

"do you promise to not bail on us or turn us in?" i ask. "do you believe us?"

"you want to touch me and find out?" he questions, condescending. "if i'm helping, no lies. truth from this point out."

"no lies," i nod and look at dom.

"no lies," he states in an obvious tone.

he's irritating me.

"well, welcome to my tiny home," grayson grins, teeth straight; smile cute and contagious.

"can we get this tiny home on the road? it's the government," i tell him.

he nods and climbs over the seats to the drivers.

i let out a relieved sigh.

this is good, i know it is.