🦋 dominic32 🦋

[ 11:41 AM ]

it doesn't take soraya long to coat my lavender hair in the jet black dye.

she moves quick and efficient.

she plucks the bobby pins from apple's hair, letting her curls loose in a messy manner.

she looks younger; more adorable.

soraya puts her own curls in a low ponytail before bobby pinning her wig on.

she gets to work on my tattoos, patting the concealer in my skin tone rather harshly on my LBE tattoo.

"damn, soften up," i curse moving away every once and a while.

she laughs.

"man up."

she finishes covering my face tattoos and i look at myself in the mirror.

i don't remember what my face looked like before the tats. i look different enough to not be recognized though.

that's all that matters.

"my dumbass forgot about a hair net, but it looks fine," soraya says playing with different hair looks in the mirror.

she looks different with nearly straight, long hair.

"you can find a hairstyle later. let's go," i chuckle.

we leave the empty dye bottle, her degraded tank top we used as a towel, and the bathroom key there, walking away from the gas station and our evidence.

we continue walking, seeing closed down businesses and near empty parking lots.

no one wants to risk it.

or everyone is dead.

is disguising ourselves going to do anything?

i mean, government is endgame.

i don't know if soraya is on that same page.

no matter how much we run or try to hide, alex is with the government; endgame is them.

they want an answer to the virus. they want someone to blame.

we're just as lost as they are.

our powers are going to have to be a secret and for how long?

the death toll is only rising. who knows how anyone is going to act.

if apple, ray and i are the only three with abilities, then how will this truly end?

is soraya right? are they going to strap us down; experiment on us?

if they hurt any of us-

"earth to dom! apple's hungry. your turn to steal something."

"can we not say steal around my seven year old sister honey?" i ask as soraya's giving apple a piggyback ride.

"but dear, it's best not to sugar coat things especially with the way shit is going," she responds matching my passive aggressive tone.

"right sweetie, of course, but she's only seven."

"raya says we've got to get stronger to kill the bad guys before they kill us!" apple exclaims.

they high five.

"really soraya?"

"the kids right dom."

"we don't even know if they want to kill us!"

"let's look at it politically, in terms of how they spin it on the media, shall we? in the eyes of the glorious americans and the even more glorious american government, we're terrorists. they genuinely- and with no evidence- think we've started this virus that's gaining global momentum. we're terrorists right? imagine pursuing said terrorists and they suddenly have superpowers. the order? shoot to kill! it's every rebellious action movie!"