🦋 dominic22 🦋

[ 2:03 PM ]

i grow more irritated as she actually went to sleep.

why can't i be let in?

why can't i be trusted?

why the hell do i even care so much?

i didn't know who she was three days ago and she doesn't seem to want to get to know me anyway.

call me a fucking simp, but i hate the fact she doesn't want to talk to me.

why do i hate that?

you bump into someone accidentally and you're stuck with a brick wall in return.

talking doesn't work for her. she clearly has poor communication skills.

we share something so insane.

how is that a nonstarter? how can she try to run away from it?

"you guys seem rocky," the truck driver speaks.

it takes me off guard for a second.

"she's complicated, but it works i guess," i answer.

"you don't seem so sure," he chuckles.

"i am. she's just... complicated," i repeat.

i'm trying to be there for her.

"do you love her?"

i look at soraya. she's still resting on the window, bouncing slightly at certain road dips, but not waking.

"it's... something more than love," i answer, "something just feels... right, about all of it."

"she doesn't seem to make you happy."

"she does. in a way, i think i like the chase. she's different. in every aspect of every other female."

"the ones you chase, you stay away from. it's something mentally," he tries to tell me.

he wouldn't understand it.

we've got powers.

"i don't know. it's beautiful to unpack someone and know who they truly are underneath the mask they wear everyday. completely devoted to them. mistakes happen, but that's a relationship, and love. ups and downs. i don't know. maybe i'm a romantic," i shrug, not sure how to go about the words coming from my mouth.

i know we're to be fake dating to everyone else, but maybe there's truths to my words.

i know, somehow, without knowing her, that i need to be with her, at least around her. there's a defensive 'if you hurt her, i'll kill you in multiple ways' guard. and none of that makes sense, except the virus bringing us together.

that's got to mean something right?

she has to like me in some way to travel the states with me.

"yeah, you're a romantic for sure. seems you can't handle her."

i take offense to that.

"we'll be good," i shrug, annoyed.

i can handle her.

"yeah? we'll see. this virus has plans of its own. the news outlets and police aren't doing much about it."

"are states locked down?" i ask.

"some of them."

"we got an alert that stated houston was on lockdown," i tell him.

"you two from houston?"

"nah, dallas. we were passing through," i lie.

"i never got your names," he says.

"we never got yours," i respond back.

"william."

"i'm david. she's rose."

"rose and david, on the run. from what?" he asks.

my eyebrows furrow together.

"more like running to a better future."

we'll get apple, and we'll find alex. we'll work on our powers and we'll do it as a family.

she needs one.

i'll fill the spot.

she deserves so much more than what she's had.

besides, we could be the only two with powers.

"i feel that. hope you guys find that. she's pregnant?"

"what? she- yes. yes she's pregnant," i lie more, "her family kicked her out. we were doing a one bedroom for a while but i couldn't keep it so we're heading to my dads."

i'm proud for coming up with the lie so quickly.

"i don't have kids but i wish you the best."

"'preciate it man."

william and i talk on and off for the rest of the trip. i tell him made up stories of rose and i's "relationship" until we make it to the last stop of the ride in mississippi.