- S1 - episode 29 -

2 years ago...

She sat on the one of the couches in the lobby designated for the interviewees. She looked around and everyone was busy practicing their possible answers, some even have cards which they wrote random questions and answered it by themselves. She just sat there quietly and prayed for good luck. If it wasn't for her mother's desire to make her dad proud she wouldn't be applying for a double major.

Being the illegitimate daughter of the university director is already hard, why must she put herself in a situation that she's certainly cannot persist? She wanted to be an actress not some kind of robot who pleases her father's family. However, she also wanted to prove something. So, even though it's going to be tough she must endure it. She needs to pass this interview. No, she has to.

"Uh, excuse me? Can I sit here?" She heard a voice.

She isn't planning on sitting with someone, she needs her space. She needs her focus. She was about to tell the girl to just sit on other vacant seats but when she looked up, she forgot what she was about to say.

It was like looking up to an angel.

She thought she was staring too long so she looked down again, went back to fidgeting her fingers to ease her stress, then she nodded. She can't talk. Not in front of this lovely angel-like human being. And now she sits beside her.

Maybe she was trembling too much. Trying to shake off all her nerves and stress. She feels like she's about to pass out. A lot of scenarios are going inside her mind. What if she didn't pass? What will her mom say? What will her father think? What will her father's family think? She grew up with the mindset of not letting down her father. She grew up wanting attention from her mother who did nothing but to kiss his father's shoes just so he wouldn't disregard her as the member of the family.

All these years she wanted recognition and attention from the people she care about and she didn't expect to receive it from someone she didn't even know.

"Here, have some of this" she saw one candy landed on her lap.

"It calms my nerves. Hope it does the same to you. It's yummy, taste like strawberries" she heard.

She stared at that single candy with a cute wrapper. She doesn't understand but the small gesture warms her heart.

"Oh no. Wait. You don't have allergies, I hope" the girl said.

She shook her head, to say no. She haven't found her voice yet and maybe she wouldn't. She opened the candy and shyly took it in her mouth. She put the wrapper inside her pocket. She intends to keep it as a reminder of a beautiful first meeting.

"Uh, do you want some music? It's Jennie Kim though. Her voice somehow ease my mind for a while" the girl said offering one of her airpods.

Again she shook her head, no. She doesn't like Jennie Kim, well not Jennie Kim per se, she isn't fond of listening to Korean pop in general, it doesn't looks like it but she prefers Korean ballads and the classics.

And this girl's voice is so soothing like she was singing by the way she talks. Perhaps she found another genre that she want to drown in. She wanted to see her face again, she wanted to memorize how angels looks like in case she doesn't fit in heaven.

So she bravely looked beside her, wanting to take a peek only to be surprised that the girl is also looking at her maybe wondering how she looks like since she was just looking down the whole time. She wanted to look away, she was embarrassed to be caught in the act. However this girl is so full of surprises.

"Oh my, you are so pretty. You can be a model or an actress!" The girl exclaimed.

Her cheeks felt warm, she has this urge to cover her face and just look down again. She can see the girl's amusement and her smile still linger in her mind.