- S2 - episode 10 -

"Sweetie let's go! Time to go" she heard her mom calling. She wasn't that far yet, just a few meters away from them.

There's a lot of people in the park. Kids, adults, some couples, some are in groups, some in pairs, and others are just alone for an afternoon run. There were also a lot of stalls and vendors, balloons, and a small fair at a distance. It was like a huge party but it wasn't, it was just an ordinary day at a park.

"Sweetie come on, we're still going to drop Alice at school" she heard her mom again. Referring to her 10-year-old sister who attends a boarding school. And soon she'll be attending it too.

She stayed still on the spot where she was, watching and looking at the other kids, there was a street performer, doing some magic and a clown making some ballon art and a newly arrived ice cream truck.

"Jennie, dear, can you get Roseanne please" Janice Choi, Jennie's mom said. They were cleaning up the things they used for Sunday picnic so the adults' hands are full.

You could say that their families are both simple, just two ordinary families hanging out in the park. One couldn't even guess that both families are that of a royal.

"Okay mom" 8-year-old Jennie Kim said and walked towards Roseanne.

"Rosie! Rosie! Let's go!" Jennie shouted to get 7-year-old Roseanne Park's attention but still the younger girl is too mesmerized at what she was watching.

"Rosie! Baby come on!" Jennie shouted again.

"Nini unnie! Look!" Roseanne excitedly said and pointed at whatever it was that fascinates her.

"Hi there little girl" the magician said.

Rosie looks at the magician it was a simple guy, but for a 7-year-old girl, he was magic. She looked around making sure that the man is talking to her, she noticed that the other kids near them from a while ago weren't there anymore but instead of wondering why, she got excited about the thought that she's the only one seeing such magic.

"What's your name?" The magician asked.

Roseanne knows. She knows that she shouldn't talk to strangers but her young mind is easily enchanted with magic and fantasy.

"I'm Roseanne!" She excitedly said.

The magician smiled and suddenly took off his hat, covered it with a handkerchief and in the count of 3 it turned into a single flower.

A single stemmed black rose.

The magician gave it to her and she excitedly took it, accidentally hurting herself when the flower still had some thorns. Her finger started to bleed, seconds later her vision got blurry, and she felt her body fell.

"Rosie- ow!" Jennie fell on the grass and scraped her knee. The couple who bumped in to her helped her up and they were apologizing to her while dusting off her dress. That caught the adult's attention so they went to tend on Jennie, blocking her view from the younger girl not too far from her. Roseanne's dad, Richard Park, also arrived at the scene with Alice from a nearby toy shop so he went to get her daughter.

In the middle of the incident they heard Alice screamed, the then 10-year-old girl looked horrified when she saw from a distance that her sister is being carried by an unknown man towards the moving ice cream truck.

.....

Chaeyoung woke up sweating, her heart beats so loud it was deafening. She looked at the spot beside hers and saw it empty. It wasn't made but the warmth from it wasn't there anymore. She looked at the clock on the bedside cupboard and it was already past ten in the morning.