Chapter 58

Julie's POV:

"I can't." I looked at her and felt tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

"Why's that love?" She asked me. "Because it's something I need to handle on my own. I started it so I need to make this right, without any of you knowing what it's about. I just can't tell you at this point. I hope I can tell you one day, but that's not now. I'm sorry." I looked down.

"It's okay. Come here." She opened her arms for me to fall into them. "I'm going to need you to be honest with me Julie. We're engaged. I believe a relationship is build out of trust and honesty so please, be honest. I won't judge you for whatever it is, I just want to know what it is and why it's so hard to tell me." She softly told me.

"I'm not that naïve Demi. When I tell you, you probably don't want me to be here no more. I know you can handle a lot of things but I'm not sure you can handle this." I sighed. "You're starting to scare me. Just tell me Julie." She said.

"When you left, I didn't know what to do with myself. I started to go down the road, like, all the way. I drank every day and every night. Jay helped me get back on track but it didn't work, even though he thought it did." I sighed and took a small break. "Take your time." She reassured me.

"I mean, I quit drinking most of the time but I started something I shouldn't have during that time in my life. I had absolutely no money because I spent all that I had left on the kids and alcohol. I couldn't pay the bills for the past 2 years but it's never been this bad, financially. I had to find myself a way." I said and looked at her.

"There was this one night I was really drunk, I wasn't having it no more. I always went to this bar right out of town but at that time I didn't know that escort girls work there. As soon as I heard, I started talking to these girls and we got along really well. I, a drunk ass person and totally heartbroken, thought it'd be a great way to make money. But it isn't, I know that now. It's really hard to step away from this particular business but I'm... working on it." I said and didn't dare to look at her facial expression.

"So if I got this right, you're an escort girl?" She asked and took her hand off my lap. "I am. But I swear I'm worki-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as she cut me off.

"Get out." She whispered and I saw tears forming in her eyes. "Dems I'm sorry." I looked at her and now felt my own tears falling down.

"I said get out. I need time." She calmly said but she clearly had to control herself to not get angry. "I'm sorry." I said and left the building.

I was now in full tears and I didn't want to go home to face Jay in this state of mind because if I do, there's a very high chance of me beating the shit out of him.

I didn't know where to go. I decided to send Jay a text but that's only for Cams & Alissa's sakes.

Text to Jay:
"Won't be home tonight. Don't worry, I'm at a friend of mine. I'll take care of myself, you take care of the girls. See you tomorrow."

I sent the text and put my phone on quiet so I won't be bothered by people calling me and asking me to come home. I'm not in for it.

I walked a few miles till I arrived at a lake, which is in my vision the most beautiful one in the area. I sat down at a bench and put in my EarPods. I just listened to music and I set my thoughts on hold for a bit. I feel like I can't take it no more. All of it.