Chapter 14

Julie POV:

Then all of the sudden we saw a light flash from outside. Pretty sure it's from a camera.

"What was that?" I asked, breaking our kiss. "What do you mean?" She asked.

Am I going psycho or what.

"Didn't you see that?" I asked her. "Didn't see what?" She chuckled. "There was a flash outside and I'm pretty sure it's from a camera or a phone." I explained. "I didn't see it sweetheart. Don't stress too much about it." She softly said.

"What if we get caught?" I asked. "Then I'll lose my job but you're 18 years old which means we're all legal." She proudly said, even the first part.

"What if you'll lose your job?" I started again. Just worried. "Don't worry about that. I'll just find another one if it comes that far." She said so I nodded.

"Camilla's coming over tonight. I didn't want her to stay at my place all by herself so I wrote her a note." I informed her. "No problem." She smiled.

"Dems?" I looked at her. "Yeah?" She looked back. "I like you. A lot." I smiled. "I like you too babe."

"So how's your tattoo?" She asked. "Right! Shit, I needed to use some cream once I got home. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be right back." I said which made her laugh.

She's so pure and I truly adore her laugh. It's just a bummer that we have to hide our relationship but she doesn't seem to worry about it.

"Hey baby girl." I said as Cat walked up to me. "You okay?" I smiled at her. "Be a good girl. I love you." I kissed her and then took my stuff and walked back to Demi's.

"I'm back!" I shouted. "Hey. Jay just called you, I said you'd call back as soon as you got here. It seemed important." She said and handed me my phone.

"I'll be right back to make dinner, sorry love." I grinned.

Phone conversation with 'Jay':
Jay: Jules?
Julie: Hey, what's up?
Jay: I need a place to stay for the night.
Julie: Why?
Jay: I got kicked out.
Julie: Jeez Jay. What did you do?
Jay: It's a long story.
Julie: You know what. Come over to my place. You have my keys. I'll be at Demi's for the night but if you want, I can come back for you.
Jay: No, no just stay there. I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks Jules.
Julie: No problem. Take anything you want or need. You can always come over to Demi's if you feel like it. Camilla will be home soon and I wrote her a note but she can decide if she wants to come over or stay there with you. Please let me know.
Jay: Sure thing. Thanks a lot Julie. Love you.
Julie: Love you too Jay.

I shut down my phone and walked over to the kitchen.

"What was it about?" She asked me. "Jay got kicked out. He needed a place to stay." I said and started preparing things for dinner.

"Why did he get kicked out?" She asked in disbelief. "I don't know. I let him stay at my place for the night. I'll talk to him tomorrow, I guess." I said.

"You know what, why don't you invite him over to dinner? He probably hasn't eaten yet." Demi slightly smiled. "Are you sure?" I asked her. "Positive." She gave me a kiss.

Text to 'Jay':
If you want to, you can come over at Demi's for dinner. I'm cooking!

I immediately got a text back.

Text from 'Jay':
We'll be there. Make extra food for 2.

I don't know who else is coming but I guess it's Alissa.

"They're coming over." I said. "Who's they?" She asked. "I don't know but I guess it's just him and Alissa." I smiled but she gave me a confused look. "Who's Alissa?" She asked. "You'll see." I grinned and started cooking.

It took me just about half an hour to finish the food and right at that point, the doorbell rang.

"Dems can you open up?" I asked her. "It's my house, loser." She laughed and walked over to the front door.

I heard some voices coming this way so I put everything on the table and got a bottle of wine out of the fridge. Soon enough I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in ages.

"Alissa!" I squealed and ran up to her. "Julie!" She squealed as well which made everyone laugh. "I've missed you, baby girl." I said during our hug. "I missed you too." She said with her cute little voice.

"Hey Jay." I said and gave him a big hug. "Thank you." He said. "It's really no problem." I smiled at him and we sat down at the table to eat dinner before it gets cold.

"How have you been, Alissa?" I asked her. "Mommy doesn't want me but daddy does so now I'm staying with daddy." She said which broke my heart a bit so I looked at Jay.

"Mommy wants you. She's just busy with other things." Jay said. "What other things?" She asked. "Adult things." He said and continued eating.

"How's school?" Demi asked Alissa. "Good. I can count to ten and I'm really good at it." She proudly said which made me giggle. "Let us hear it!" Demi smiled.

"1, 2, 3, 4..... 6, no! I meant 5, 6, 7, 8..... 9, 10!" She smiled brightly so we clapped for her.

We all finished dinner and then cleaned up.

"Why don't you go watch a movie so daddy can talk to Julie and Demi?" Jay said. "Sure daddy. But I have a question." She said. "What is it?" Jay asked. "Are we living here now?" She asked. "Not here. I'll talk to you later about this." He said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

He walked back to us so I got the three of us another glass of wine since I felt a serious conversation coming up.

"What happened?" Demi asked.

"Well, Alissa used to live at her mom's. She can't take care of her anymore because she doesn't have money. She doesn't have a job and doesn't go to college. She has barely anything. So today I got a call and apparently she's checking herself in into a rehab centre. Alissa has to live with me from now on." Jay said.

"That's devastating but how come you got kicked out?" I asked him.

"I took Alissa home with me and I explained the situation to my parents. They didn't want 'another' child living at their home so they let me choose. It's either Alissa going into a foster home or it's Alissa and me moving out. I chose for the last option." He shrugged it off.

"What the fuck. I don't understand. Your parents always treated me so well." I said. "That's just an act. Once we're all alone, they don't even bother to talk to me. They never have." He said, holding back his tears.

"It's okay to cry." Demi softly smiled at him and I gave him a hug.

"You can stay at mine as long as you want. You know what, I need to discuss it with Camilla but you can actually move in with me if you want to. We can share the rent so you don't have to find another place and pay it all by yourself." I told him.

"Really?" He asked. "Yes, really. Just give me a moment with Camilla later on." I smiled at him and he hugged me.

"Thank you." He said multiple times.

Then we heard Alissa scream.

--------------------------------------------------------
20/02/19