Chapter 38

Julie's POV:

"Hey Julie, Meghan. Walking into you twice on a day must be a sign." Hannah said as she came closer but I just stood there, still holding Meghan's hand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. "I'm just walking home, I live right there." She pointed to the house which was just two houses next to me. You gotta be kidding me, I won't take no for an answer.

"So are you two a thing now?" She asked, looking at our hands. "N-" as I was about to answer, Meghan cut me off. "We are." Meghan said, smiled at me and squeezed my hand so I decided to move along.

"That's great. I'm happy for you. For how long have you been dating?" She asked us. "For a while. We've always had feelings for each other but we didn't really get space to explore it due other relationships." Meghan said and I tried my best not to burst into laughter so I nodded and smiled at the both of them.

"Oh." She smiled awkwardly. "So how have you been? Are you in a relationship?" Meghan asked her. "It's complicated. I just came back from rehab so I haven't really had much time to be with someone." She said. "Well congrats on your sobriety. That's great to hear." Meghan said and actually meant it this time.

"So what are you going to do for a living now? I mean new town, new people." I asked her. "Well at least I have the two of you."

No honey you don't, absolutely not.

"But other than that, I was thinking to get back into college or find myself a good paying job. I'm not quite sure yet." She said. Go find a good paying job honey pie, somewhere far away from here.

"That sounds good. Well, we gotta go. We'll see you around." I smiled at her and then we left.

"What was that?" I tried to hold back my laughter whilst I asked Meghan. "Now she won't try to get you back and she won't get any suspicions about you and your extremely hot neighbor." She said so I just grinned at her.

"We're here bitc-... friends." Meghan said, assuming the kids are also listening to her. Demi walked up to me and kissed me passionately in front of everyone else. "Get a room." Jay laughed. "I could say the same to you." I grinned at him and kissed Demi one more time.

"What took you so long?" She asked me. "Well apparently Hannah will be our new neighbor so we had to welcome her into the neighborhood. How great!" I rolled my eyes. "Are you serious? She could live in every single place on the entire world and she chooses to live right here." Demi said in frustration which made me laugh.

"Relax, she thinks Meghan and I are together as a couple because we were holding hands." I giggled but Demi just looks at me. "What? Are you jealous?" I teased her. "I'm giving you three seconds." She said.

"1..." She started but I didn't move. "2..." She continued so I started to walk away. "3!" She said and ran after me.

"You won't get me." I stuck out my tongue but she kept running after me.

"Dude I'm tired. I need a break." I said, out of breath. "What did you call me?" She held onto my arms and looked at me. "Dude." I said. "I'm not a dude." She said but I laughed. "Okay princess." I grinned and ran away from her again. I quickly hid myself in the closet, waiting for her to find me.

"I know you're in here babe." She said. "Let's go so we can set up the Christmas tree." She said and then walked over to the closet.

"I'm not in here." I said. "Shut up." She laughed and helped me get out. "You're adorable." She said and gave me a big hug. "I can't ever get enough of your sparkly, bubbly, tiny, pretty face." I smiled at her.

We finally went downstairs to help the others.

"Hey Madeline. What do you want for Christmas?" I asked her as she was walking over to me. "A giant bear." She smiled brightly. "What kind of bear?" I giggled. "A big brown bear with brown eyes and a brown jacket." She explained to me. "Is brown your favorite colour?" I asked her and she instantly nodded. "Yesterday it was red but today it's brown." She proudly admitted.

"That's great baby. How about we go paint something with brown for Santa?" I suggested and she nodded. "Let's go." I said and she followed me to the kitchen table.

"What are you going to paint?" I asked her. "A fish." She smiled and continued her painting.

"Are you going to paint something as well?" Demi asked from the hallway. "That's not really my thing. I mean I have other talents." I laughed and walked over to her. "What are these talents of yours?" She whispered and found my lips soon enough. We stood there for a while, kissing.

"I told you to get a room. We need some extra hands." Jay said so we followed him.

"It looks great!" Demi squealed. "Thanks." They all said in common.

"So I was thinking, maybe we should buy each other presents, not just the kids." I said as the kids were gone upstairs. "I agree with that. I've always wanted to buy flowers for my fake girlfriend." Meghan laughed and so did I.

"No but seriously, that's a good idea." She smiled and everyone else nodded. "We could just write down our names and pick one out of a bucket, then everyone will buy something for one certain person. We're all going to be poor if we have to buy something for everyone so I guess this is a better way to do it." I suggested.

"I'll write down the names." Demi said and got herself some paper and a pencil. "I'll get the bucket." Jay smiled. "I'll support you by standing next to you." Meghan said which made me laugh.

"I'm nervous." I grinned. "Let's do it." Demi said and we all got one piece of paper out of the bucket.

"Are you all happy? If you have yourself, this is your chance to tell." Demi laughed.

Guess who? Jay. Well, that's going to be fun.

"What are you doing?" Madeline asked whilst walking up to us. "We're just playing a game." She sat down on my lap. "I want to play." She squealed. "It's a game for adults baby. We could play another game, how about hide and seek? Jay will be counting to 10 and then he'll have to find you." I suggested and she nodded.

"There you go Jay." I giggled and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Demi do you have a minute?" I asked her so she stood up and walked with me. "They told us to get a room, right?" I whispered, took her hand and walked upstairs.

"What are you doing?" Demi smiled at me. "I just wanted to kiss you." I said and kissed her passionately.

"That was unexpected." She said and gave me a big hug. We stood there for a while in silence.

"Julie. Turn around around quickly and tell me what you see when you look outside." Demi said with some serious but mysterious tone in her voice.

"It's Hannah."

————————————————————————
04/12/19