Chapter 59

Julie's POV:

"I don't know if we can continue like this." She said and my heart broke into a million tiny pieces.

"Can we please talk about this before we're making decisions we regret?" I begged her. "Do you regret it?" She immediately asked. "I do. That's a 100% yes. I regret every single second of it." I honestly told her. "Why didn't you just come to me? And if I weren't there, why didn't you go to Jay?" She asked.

"I couldn't Demi. You were gone, I didn't even know for how long. Jay would've understood me but he doesn't do shit either to fix the situation we're in because he says I caused it. I've tried, really." I felt tears falling down.

"Why does the say you caused it?" She got herself and me a glass of water. "Because I'm an alcoholic, he says." I quickly added the last part. "You should've gone to someone. You made a terrible choice Julie. And don't start about how you were drunk that night because the morning after, you weren't. You weren't drunk the morning after that one, and after the other one. All mornings after the nights you've been drinking. So that's no excuse for me. You could've quit when you were sober enough but you didn't and that says enough. I know it's hard to get out of that 'business' but if you really want to, you can." She sighed and made her hand into a small fist out of anger.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I cried into my own hands instead of being held by the love of my life. "Listen, I want you to quit. I need you to quit. I can't have you fucking around with strangers and destroying your future. I really don't want you to give your body away like that. It's traumatic and dangerous Julie. I want you to go to the police." She calmly said this time.

"Why would you want me to go to the police? I don't understand." I asked her. "Because it's illegal. I bet they told you that it's legal but I assure you that it isn't. It's a bit complicated because it's legal in some states but it isn't in ours and I'm glad it isn't."

"They said I'm old enough to do it." I shrugged. "Except age doesn't matter. It's illegal and that's it. You're going to tell the police everything and let them handle it. That's the only proper way to get out of the situation you're in." She told me.

"There must be another way Demi. I can't go to the cops, if they find out they'll do terrible things to the people I love. People like you." I said and took a sip of my water. "I can look after myself, love. Don't worry about that." She rolled her eyes so I sighed.

"You don't know shit, Demi." I hissed a bit. "I don't know what?" She asked. "You don't know shit. You don't know what it's like and you don't know what these people will do to my family. You may be able to look after yourself but Camilla isn't. I'm in deep shit so don't come telling me what to do and what not because you don't know." I lifted my voice at the end, out of frustration.

"I'm trying to help you Julie." She yelled at me which made me flicker my eyes a few times. "I'm sorry." She apologized for yelling at me. "It's okay. I'm think I'm going. Thanks for the help Demi. Goodnight." I shortly said and made my way to the front door.

"Yeah, you're not going anywhere. I'm not letting you sleep outside. Especially not when, apparently, you and your loved ones are in danger. Not gonna happen." She nodded her head and stood in front of me. We just stood there in silence for a while.

"I don't know how to get out of this Demi. I really don't know and I'm so, so sorry." I eventually admitted and let myself fall into her arms, even though they weren't open for me at this point, she still let me in.