Chapter 36

Julie's POV:

"What happened?" I asked as I woke up in Demi's bed the next morning and vaguely remembered everything about last night. "What do you mean? Good morning by the way." She chuckled and sat up next to me.

"You were talking to someone last night and then I heard a gun shot." I said in confusion. "You were a bit agressive in your sleep though, I was wondering what you were dreaming of." She said and I just looked at her. "So it wasn't real?" I asked and she shook her head. "Let's just go eat something darling."

We got downstairs to eat and I just looked around. It seemed so surreal that last night was just a dream. I mean, it could be but I never remember my dreams this clearly.

"You coming?" Demi asked as I was looking around in the hallway. "Yeah, sorry." I blushed a bit and then walked over to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked me. "Hmm. My dream was just... Strange." I admitted and sat down to eat.

"This will help you." She handed me a bowl filled with cornflakes and milk. "Thanks babe." I said and her face went bright red so I giggled. "Shut up." She mumbled and then laughed as well.

After we were finished eating our breakfast we went upstairs to get dressed.

"That dream of yours really did upset you, didn't it?" Demi asked after a few minutes of silence. "I mean it can't be real but it seemed so real and it still does. When I just think about it, there's a small detail coming up every time. It scares me even though it's not real, right?" I looked at her. "It's just a dream baby. Don't worry too much about it, try to focus on something else." She smiled at me and then continued doing her make up.

"How are you feeling? Besides your dream." She suddenly asked me. "I'm okay, why?" I smiled. "Well, you kind of scared the hell out of everyone yesterday." She chuckled and so did I. "Oh right, I'm good now. Thanks for asking." I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Mommy?" I heard a voice come from outside the room. "Someone at the door." Madeline pointed and smiled at us. "Want me to come?" I asked her but she shook her head. "It's fine." She said and went downstairs.

"How are you Madeline?" I asked the small girl standing in front of me. "I'm good." She smiled. "How's school? Do you like it?" I continued doing my hair. "Yes I have many friends and I'm smart." She proudly said which made me laugh a bit. "Good job sweetheart." I gave her a high five and then she went back to her room.

I wonder what's taking Demi so long.

"Dems?" I yelled from upstairs but got nothing in response so I walked downstairs.

"Hey. What's taking you so long?" I asked and walked up to the front door to see who she's talking to.

"You must be Julie!" A woman suddenly said. "Indeed I am." I nervously replied to her. "Yeah, right, sorry. This is my sister Dallas. Dallas, this is my girlfriend Julie." Demi said and my eyes moved directly from Dallas to Demi once she called me her girlfriend. "I mean uh..." Demi started to blush. "It's fine Dems. It's nice to meet you Julie!" She gave me a hug so I smiled at her.

"So what do you do for a living?" She asked as we were both settled at the couch. "I'm actually still a student. What about you?" I asked her. "Oh that's a story for another time." She simply said. "Why's that?" I asked. "She got fired." Demi said as she walked towards us.

"Ouch. I'm sorry about that." I said. "It's fine. What are you studying for?" She asked me again. "To become a teacher." I smiled at her and she looked at Demi.

"Dems, do you have a second?" She stood up and grabbed Demi's arm. They walked over to the hallway and I was just waiting for them to come back to tell me what they were talking about. Well, since they're talking in private they probably don't want me to know it but I want to know it. Guess that's reasonable enough, isn't it?

They came back after a while with a bit of exchanged facial expressions.

"What's going on?" I asked them. "She just found out that you're actually my student." Demi said without any kind of emotion. "Don't you guys understand how much of an impact this could have if anyone found out about this?!" Dallas kind of yelled.

"I don't want to scare you off Julie, not at all. I think you're a really nice and sweet girl but what you two are doing is way too risky." She said, a bit calmer this time.

"I understand what you mean but we have feelings for each other. If she were just another human being, if wouldn't be a problem at all. We're just unlucky that she happens to be my teacher. We want to be with each other and we can make it happen but we have to be careful." I protested.

"I get it, you love each other and all but this still can't happen. It's risky and dangerous for both of you. Julie you could get suspended or dismissed from school and Demi you could even lose your job and never ever work as a teacher again." Dallas said.

"I think you're overreacting. I love you Dallas but I think I found the girl of my dreams and I can't let that go just because she's my student. What would you do if you were in my position?" Demi asked her. "I wouldn't even start it." She simply said and stood up. "I just want you both to think about this situation and about what I just mentioned. I'm not going to forbid anything but I'm not supporting this with joy either. Have a nice day girls, see you around." She said and walked out of the room, along with Demi.

They were talking for a little while so I just laid down on the couch and closed my eyes for as long as they were talking. I didn't want to think about this and I didn't need to. I get her, I understand her but she doesn't understand us.

I laid there for what felt like hours. Once Demi came back in, she thought I was asleep and put a blanket on top of me. She stroked my head for a while and then went out to go somewhere else.

"Wait, Demi?"

———————————————————————
18/11/19
Vote and comment for more! 🧡