Chapter 48

Julie's POV:

"Do you still want to be with me?" She asked me. I've been thinking about this question ever since she left and I still don't know the answer.

"I don't know Dems. We have something really special, we still do. That sounds weird but I can feel the chemistry between us. It's just... we've been apart for 2 months and I've been busy with my own priorities and my own friends. Don't take this the wrong way but ever since I met you I've been with you most of the time and I didn't have much time left for my friends which I do have now. I honestly think it's a bit too soon to make a decision, I'm sorry." I told her and looked into her eyes.

"I also think we rushed a little into our relationship the last time. I only knew you for such a short time. If we do this again, I want to take things slower." I quickly added so she'd understand it better.

"I get it, I really do. It's kind of sad to hear but it also gives perspective and hope. As I said I want to be a better version of myself and I'd do anything to get you back, even if that would take me years. I'll wait for you. I want you to be comfortable around me and I want you to trust me again but I understand that that's probably going to take a long time. I'll always wait for you." She said and put her handpalm on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. "I think we just... gotta go on as neighbors or friends first and see how it goes within the next few weeks. I'd love to have a talk or a drink with you sometimes though. I still want to see you but I want to take things slow." I said and now she smiled at me.

"Me too." She said and took a sip of her water.

"So how have you really been? What have you been doing for the past 2 months?" I asked her.

"Ups and downs. It's been tough but I wanted to get better so I really had to leave for a while. My parents were extremely pissed off at me but Marissa helped to convince them for me to stay at their place for these two months. I'm not entirely 'recovered' but I've come a long way." She explained to me. "What do you mean with 'you're not entirely recovered'?" I asked her, really not knowing what she meant.

"Well it's still on my mind, almost every day. I don't take it anymore nor do I have it anywhere but the fact that I still think about it on a daily basis worries me. That's also why Marissa's coming to live with me." She told me.

"Oh right, like that. Is Madeline coming to live with you or not?" I asked her. "Luckily yes. I really miss her and I haven't seen her yet, she's coming home tomorrow. We thought it was best for both me and her to let her stay at home. It'd keep me busy with her and keep my mind off these thoughts and she'd be home with her mother she already had to miss for several years." She explained with a sad expression on her face.

"Hey it's okay. We're not perfect. You're doing really well Dems, you're a great mother. If I could ever make a wish come true I'd wish every child would have a mother as sweet and caring as you are." I smiled at her. "Thank you. Although I hope you haven't wished that every mother is using around their child." She sarcastically said. "Shut up, I do not." I punched her arm.

It's actually wrong and too soon to make a joke like that but we just can't go all serious with each other for too long. Sometimes you gotta make the best of the situation you're in.

"Are you all alone tonight?" She suddenly asked. "Yeah, with the kids. Jay's on a date." I smirked. "No way. Who's the lucky girl?" She asked me so I searched her up on Facebook.

"She looks sweet. How old is she?" She asked me. "I don't know, wait a second." I said and tried to find it.

"She's 25. Pretty old." I shrugged my shoulders and waited for her reaction. "Hey!" She groaned. "If you want to tell me I'm old you can just say it." She pretended to be hurt.

"You're old. You're like a granny." I stuck out my tongue and quickly stood up to run away. "I'll get you." She smirked and ran after me until she grabbed my arm and hugged me from behind.

"Got you." She smiled at me as we were only inches apart from each other. "Taking things slow huh." She winked at me and then let go of me. I just sat down and checked my phone.

"Wow Dems, check this out." I said as I read the news. "A black man has been killed by a police officer." She read out loud. "By a white police officer I must add." I looked at her.

"This world is so fucking cruel. Why can't people just respect each other for once. Fucking racists." She mumbled. "It doesn't matter of you're black or white or anything in between. It doesn't matter for fucks sakes. Everyone should be treated the same way. I'm just really disappointed and pissed right now." I rolled my eyes and sighed. I just can't believe this. It's happened so many times before and it will keep happening if we don't stand up for equality.

"Can we go to bed?" I suddenly heard Camilla ask. "Right, yeah, I'm sorry." I groaned at myself and then took the girls upstairs. "I'll be right back." I told Demi.

"Cams, Alissa, brush your tooth first." I sternly said as they were going straight into their bedrooms. I didn't want to do it either when I was their age, I still don't want to but I know better.

"Alright girls. Let's go change and go to dreamland." I told them and led them into their bedrooms. They quickly took on their pajama's and then jumped into bed together. It's adorable.

"Goodnight angels." I softly smiled at them and stood up. "Wait Julie. Can you sing a song for us?" Camilla asked. She barely ever asks for that anymore. "Anytime." I said and sat down again.

"We've had some fun, and yes we've had our ups and downs.
Been down that rocky road, but here we are, still around. We thought about someone else, but neither one could debate.
We thought about breaking up, but now we know it's much too late. We are bound by all the rest.
Like the same phone number, all the same friends and the same address.

Yes, it's true, I'm happy to be stuck with you.
Yes, it's true, I'm so happy to be stuck with you.
'Cause I can see that you're happy to be stuck with me."

I gave both of them a kiss on the forehead and then left the room.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I got stuck up in the moment so I forgot to take them upstairs." I shrugged. "It's okay." She softly smiled at me and continued with whatever she's doing.

"What are you doing?" I asked her. "Well I tried to clean up your shit but it's much more than I thought." She laughed and threw one of my shirts at me. "Leave it." I sternly said but then laughed it off. "Thanks Dems." I thanked her and then sat down on the couch.

"No way." She suddenly said. "You're not just going to sit there whilst I clean up your mess." She said in disbelief but I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"Alright princess, I'll help you." I winked at her and then cleaned up some things. My things are literally everywhere because I didn't clean the house this week. I just didn't want to.

"I'll take it!" Demi smiled as the doorbell rang so I followed her.

She opened the door and she immediately got tears in her eyes. The one and only person who means the absolute world to her. The person she hasn't seen in two months.

"Mommy!"

————————————————————————
02/06/21

Vote and comment for more ❤️