Chapter 53

Julie's POV:

Yesterday... that was a day, I guess. I don't have any words left for it. I've never seen this side of Demi. It took me a little bit by surprise to be honest. When she came back, a few hours later, I was really pissed at her, I still am though.

You can't just leave me laying there, not being able to do anything. I couldn't even pee. I yelled several times for her to come back but she just didn't.

However, we talked about it and things are fine at the moment but I'm still angry. Well, not angry but annoyed. You can't do that to someone. She apologized though, she wanted to do some experimenting but it'd be better to check in with me first.

"Babe?" I heard Demi calling. "Yeah?" I answered, walking over to her. "How about I take you out to the fanciest diner in town?" She suggested. "Dems, we've got all in, that means food's free here." I chuckled.

"Just let me do it. I want to make up for last night. The right way." She winked at me. "Where are we going?" I asked her. "That's for me to know, for you to find out." She bit her lip and walked over to me to give me a kiss.

"So, you were telling me about the duet yesterday. Do you remember?" I asked her and she nodded. "Were you serious about me joining you?" I looked at her. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" She smiled. "Well you were pretty drunk yesterday." I smirked at her.

"I'm serious love. Only if you want to as well." She stated. "I'd love to. I'm just scared we're going to be really obvious." I said. "What do you mean?" She asked me. "People are going to see us singing together, they're going to suspect things and they'll start talking. Also at school. That won't be good for the both of us." I explained my vision to her.

"I don't think that'll happen baby. Even your father thinks it's a great idea. I think I'll be really fun to sing with my fiancé on stage whilst the world doesn't know shit about us. I'd really love it if you'd join me. Then the world can hear your angelic voice as well." She winked at me and then smiled. "Thanks Demi. I guess we can do it. Did you already pick a song or not?" I asked her.

"I didn't have one yesterday and I didn't have the time to pick one today." She smirked. "You've had plenty of time dork." I rolled my eyes at her. "Well, I don't have one." She shrugged and got both of us something to drink.

"I have the best idea ever." I squealed. "Tell me!" Demi said. "No you have to guess it." I laughed and she sighed. "Come on, it's fun." I begged her. "Alright. Give me a clue." She smiled at me.

"You absolutely look up to her and you have done that for years now." I told her. "Whitney Houston." She guessed. "Nope." I said.

"I'm not good at this give me another one." She sighed. "If you don't die, it won't make you weaker." I winked at her and she started thinking really hard.

"If you don't die... it won't make you weaker. What the fuck." She mumbled to herself. "Try to spin the words around and see what you get." I smiled at her.

"If you die, it will make you stronger." She thought out loud. "Almost." I added.

"If you... I got it! I got it! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger by Kelly Clarkson!" She now squealed and smiled at me. "That's indeed the best idea ever." She said and gave me a high five.

"Do you like it?" I laughed. "I love it baby." She winked at me and gave me a big hug. "You're the best." She whispered in my ear. "I know." I smirked.

"Maybe we can practice for a bit? The show is in a few days and we haven't done anything." I suggested. "Yeah, sure." She smiled at me and got herself a glass of water. "You want some?" She asked me. "No thanks."